mAirlist Configuration Audio Devices

Having trouble finding the right settings for the Audio Devices; using an internal soundcard only.

Running mAirList 4.2.1. Want the sound to be processed by Breakaway Live, which uses pipelines. Have the default device set to DirectSound: line 1 (Breakaway Pipeline 1) - default. This has worked fine in my former setup. Set the encoder to Playback Device: DirectSound: Line 1. Encoder is working and streaming. Breakaway Live is NOT working at all (seems by passed) .

Also I want to use the line out from the soundcard to my mixer, for PFl.

Anyone using this setup as well?

(Breakaway Live: htpp://www.claessonedwards.com )

So, are you trying to send the mAirList output into Breakaway and then the output of Breakaway back into mAirlist for encoding? I really don’t have much experience with that setup, so I really can’t give you much info But would two pipelines work?

Pipeline 1 = mAirList --> Breakaway
Pipeline 2 = Breakaway --> mAirlist.

Cheers, Alec M

Hello Alec,

So, are you trying to send the mAirList output into Breakaway and then the output of Breakaway back into mAirlist for encoding?

Yes, that’s the goal.

Pipeline 1 = mAirList --> Breakaway

This, I have working now. Remains Breakaway —> mAirlist (Encoder). Will try “Pipeline 2” tonight.

I don’t know much about Breakaway, but another used told me just this morning that it can work as a Winamp plugin? If so, you can just plug it into the encoder sound processing chain wherever you want.

That person said that you still need an audio pipeline (Breakway won’t start without it) but it isn’t actually used.

Breakaway is definitely my favourite processor, designed and built by people who genuinely know what they’re doing. Unless you want to buy something like an Orban box (!!!), Breakaway is excellent value for money.

Best of all, the result sounds very natural: it doesn’t sound processed. However, watch the Breakaway window while it’s working and you’ll see how hard (and fast!) it works.

I wasn’t aware that Breakaway worked as a Winamp plugin as well as in its usual way: thanks for the tip!

BFN
Cad

That’s what I’ve been told at least.

Which version of Breakaway works as an Winamp-Plugin? I only own the Breakaway Audio Enhancer and there is only one DLL (BaDeskBand) and it won’t work…

I am using the breakaway processor to. Working fine. Set it up via direct sound line 1 breakaway pipe line. This is working fine @my internet radio station…

Trial & Error…still does not have this working. Do not get Breakaway to work as a Winamp plugin.

@poprockfm, are you using the integrated mAirlist encoder? If so, how exactly is your setup? Standard Windows audio device, audio devices in mAirList, encoder etc.

[size=8pt]mAirlist has too many sound options to tweak ???[/size]

Hi Adriaan

Here are my settings

Goos

SS Screen Capture #002.png

SS Screen Capture #003.png

This is a windows 2008 server in the studio of Pop Rock FM. It only plays Mairlist, Breakaway Broadcast processor. News download tool. For live programmes we are using a seperate windows 7 machine with an also a pro version of mairlist on it. For connecting to the server we are using the Intergradet streamer server this is connecting to the server pc. what is catching up the internal stream… Works fine. Nobody does notice that the signal is comming from another pc in the network… I do not know if you can set it up like this with the home edition as wel. I think torben can give a reaction on this

Goos

Actually, Breakaway is much closer to the Orban box than you’d expect. The designer of Breakaway, Leif Claessen, is also the main designer of the superior processors by Linear Acoustics. In addition, Mr. Claessen designed the highly acclaimed Omnia 9 (direct competitor to Orban). Mr. Claessen has posted that he used the core of Breakaway for the Omnia 9. So when you purchase Breakaway, you really are purchasing a high-end processor, despite its low price!

http://omniaaudio.com/9

Cheers Alec M!

Hi Alec

I do prefer breakaway. Much cheeper as Omnia. But had also good experience with the Omnia 9

Goos

[quote=“alecm33, post:12, topic:8451”]Actually, Breakaway is much closer to the Orban box than you’d expect.

So when you purchase Breakaway, you really are purchasing a high-end processor, despite its low price![/quote]Um yes … that was what I was trying to say (obviously I failed)!

In other words, you could pay $1,000+ for an Orban (or Omnia) hardware processor, or have similar or even better results by spendng a fraction of that for Breakaway.

BFN
Cad

Correct Breakaway is much cheeper. Doing the same thing…

Working :slight_smile: ! Breakaway Live as a standalone processor, not as Winamp Plugin.

Thanks everybody for helping me out.