mAirList 3.1 Preview

You probably have an outdated copy of bassenc.dll. A current one should be included in the latest v3.0 downloads or can be downloaded from here: http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html#addons

Thank you, that did the trick

Build 703 available. Note that it will upgrade your databases to schema version 12 - but there’s also a new v3.0 snapshot available (672) that is compatible with that new schema version.

Hi Torben

Can you create a topic for each database schema update with the != modifications plz?

I’ll try :wink:

You can also use a software like XN Resource Editor and look into the .exe file, the update scripts are embedded as TEXT resources.

http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm

is there a possibilty to build in a script for automaticly load an playlist in to the players? I could not find it

Regards

Goos

Open the event scheduler, create a new event and add actions (e.g. Load Database Playlist) to it.

Assuming you use a local (not networked) mAirListDB, you can use the freeware SQLite Database Browser program (http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/) to examine the database directly. I strongly suggest that you work with a COPY of your .db file and NOT the original. :wink:

BFN
CAD

I believe he wants to have a list of the changes in a particular schema version so he can adapt the third-party software he is working on. That’s much easiert than going through the whole schema and looking for possible differences again :wink:

In fact, the “list of changes” is embedded into the mAirList.exe file as a text file containg the SQL commands needed to convert the old schema into the new one. There’s one text file for each version (incremental update, so to say), and also different scripts for Lite and Pro, because the commands may differ slightly. For example, SQLite doesn’t support so many ALTER TABLE operations, and for some modifications to the table structure it is necessary to create a temporary copy of the table, delete the old one, re-create it with the new structure and copy the data back into it (while in PostgreSQL a simple ALTER TABLE command will suffice).

As these upgrade scripts are embedded as resources, you can use a software like XN Resource Editor to look at them. But I can also upload the files somewhere.

Exactly, I’m working on a third-party software :slight_smile:

If i’ve got the choice i prefer the txt file, and you upload it somewhere or on a special topic on forum. 'Coz I’m working on my mac laptop at home and everywhere and i haven’t bootcamp on it :wink:

Try using VirtualBox or Parallels :slight_smile:

Ok, I will write a script that checks out the latest upgrade scripts from SVN and copies it somewhere onto the web server. I want to avoid the manual work of posting it to the forum all the time, that’s too error-prone :wink:

http://www.mairlist.com/download/mAirListDB/schema/

lite.sql and pro.sql are the table structures for the Lite (SQLite) and Pro (PostgreSQL) database.

upgrade_x.sql is the upgrade script from version x-1 to version x. Sometimes there’s two different scripts for Lite and Pro.

permissions.txt is the list of roles and their table permissions (new security features for the Pro database in v3.1).

Ok! I understand that ! so with link it’s perfect for me :slight_smile:
Thanks for that ;D

I’ll check when the schema change :slight_smile:

No thank you i want to save my disk space :stuck_out_tongue:

Um … you can already use HTML logging in mAirList to send information to a PHP (or ASP, or just a web page or whatever) when an item starts and/or stops, if that helps? Check out the Logging options in config, and search this forum for the string ‘now playing.’ :wink:

BFN
CAD

Or you can send the song title to : mywebsite.com/backoffice/title.php?song= " here the current song "

title.php can write in a file like txt:

<?php
// Write in file.txt file the song title
file_put_contents('title.txt', $_GET['song']);
?>

or write in a mysql database:

CREATE TABLE `playlist` (
`id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ,
`title` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
`date` TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;
<?php
// connect to your mysql server
mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'password');
// select the database
mysql_select_db('database');
// insert the title in your playlist table
mysql_query("INSERT INTO playlist VALUES (NULL, $_GET['song'], CURRENT_TIMESTAMP);");
?>

:slight_smile:

Well … yes.

But what I meant was that it’s easy within mAirList to SEND that info. to your Web site when a track starts or stops playing in mAirList. When it arrives on the Web server, then obviously any of your methods can be used; but you do have to GET the information there in sync with mAirList, yes?

That’s what mAirList’s HTTP GET Logging method is used for. Check it out! :wink:

BFN
CAD

Build 705 is now available. It features a major redesign of the scripting system. You can now add and remove notification scripts at runtime through the Control Panel (Ctrl-Alt-X). The notification script config is saved in a separate config file now, so you need to reconfigure your scripts after upgrade.

Please also note a slight change in the notification script template: OnStartup is now called OnLoad, and OnShutdown is now called OnUnload.

Installation packages (zip and setup) are now available: http://www.mairlist.com/download/mAirList/v3.1/

I have just uploaded Build 711.

The Mini Scheduler does now support “item type filters” and “attribute filters” in templates: You can specify the type and/or attributes that must be set on item picked for a particular slot. These are “must be” filters, so the scheduler will abort when there’s no item that matches all filters.

There’s also a new field “optional” to mark items the scheduler may leave out when the playlist gets too long. It’s not implemented yet.

A new snapshot of mAirList 3.0 is also available to reflect the database schema changes.