Licence Transfer from Web to Dongle

Hi,

We are currently using web based licences for mAirList 6.x.

We’ve also received USB dongles, and we’re trying to work out how to transfer the licence across to the dongles.

After plugging in the dongle to an already licenced PC, mAirList sees the dongle in the Licence Manager, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to transfer the licence to the dongle.

Should we delete the licence.lic file to start from scratch?

Or do we invalidate the licence in the Customer area of the website?

Sorry, we’re being a bit cautious!

Greg Segal

This is something Torben has to deal with and assign the Dongle to your license.
As far as I know is at a customers site setting up stuff. So it might take a bit for him to find a free time slot, to come back to you.

Does this wiki article help you?
https://wiki.mairlist.com/licensing:software-activation

Sorry, been away from the office for the entire week. Only I can do it. Will get in touch shortly.

Hi Shorty, Torben,

Thanks for the responses.

It’ s not urgent, as the web licences work fine. The dongles just make any hardware changes easier.

Shorty - I did look at the article you referenced. It deals (very clearly) with web-based licences, but all it really says about dongles is that they’re available.

Regards,

Greg

I have entered the dongles into your licenses now. Each dongle is associated with one particular license. Log into the customer area and check the My Licenses page to see which one is which. Then plug dongle and re-download license file on each computer. (You can also download them from the website, put on a network share, then open License Manager on each computer and use Advanced -> Import to load the respective license file.)

PS: For any license-related questions you may have in the future, feel free to get in touch directly via support@mairlist.com.