Layout 4 - Generic Layout

You can also use the the File Tagger if you need to tag a lot of files. Basically, this is the Extra PFL player with an Explorer-style tree.

Double-click a file in the tree to load it, then set your cue points and click Save Metadata to write the MMD file.

There’s a decent section in the mAirList Wiki about setting cue points generally, and instructions for using the File Tagger.

BFN
CAD

If you want bulk set item properties like EndType and BackgroundColour - take a look at this script:

[code]// Set Item Attributes
// Remove the comments to perform a task
// by Charlie Davy

// Drag all common items into a Playlist and run this script
// Enable CueStart and FadeOut options for this to top and tail your audio
// which will ensure smooth automation overlaps

var
i: integer;

begin
for i := 0 to CurrentPlaylist.GetCount - 1 do

// If EndType is empty, then run SetEndType
// Comment this line out to set EndTypes of all items in the Playlist
if CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetEndType = ‘’ then

begin

// Set End Type to temporary - useful to indicate an automatically generated CueOut
CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetEndType(‘t’);

// Main Section

// Set Playlist Icon - adjust your icon locations to suit
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Advert.ico’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Control.ico’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Ident.ico’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Pre Rec.ico’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Promo.ico’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Voicetrack.ico’);
CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetPicture.LoadFromFile(‘C:\mAirList\icons\Icon - Song.ico’);

// If you want to colour an item, use this line:
CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColored(true);

// Suggested Colours:

// Adverts and Promos
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($80FF80);

//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetArtist(‘Voicetrack’);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetComment(‘This item can be overlayed with a song intro.’);

// Beds
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($FFFF00);

// Jingles
CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($00FFFF);

// Pre Rec
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($9EE0D3);

// VoiceTracks
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($D3E09E);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SetColor($FF80FF);

//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetCuePosition(ptFadeOut).SetValue(0);
//CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).GetCuePosition(ptCueOut).SetValue(0);

// Save MMD Data File
CurrentPlaylist.GetItem(i).SaveMMD;

end;
end.[/code]

The original thread for this script is http://forum.mairlist.com/index.php/topic,2558.0.html

Hi Charlie. Thanks for your ongoing help.
As you can see i’m not brilliant with computer software!!! I have followed your instructions above regarding going into the config file. I went down to the ‘file import’ section of the file I dould not see a section to designate a file for the MMD files. However above it I did see an option under the ‘options’ section which has a line called ‘MMD folder’. On this line I typed the destination of the folder for the MMD files I had created on my hard drive. However when I save MMD files now they still default to the file where the original MP3 file is.
BTW under the ‘enable features’, ‘the save to MMD’ is on.

I have tried to cut and paste, and copy the mmd files it saves in the directory with the MP3 in it, but this doesn’t work, in the sense that when you reload the MP3 after the MMD file has been copied then it appears as if no amendments have been made.

Hmm… Please upload your mairlist.ini file so I can look at it, make any necessary changes and post back.

Thank you for your help Charlie. Here’s the file you requested.

mAirList.ini (6.53 KB)

OK, nothing immediately obvious with your config - but I have made a couple of changes:

1. Enabled CueIn Detection at -40dB - ensures a quick-start of audio that may have a gap at the start
  2. Enabled FadeOut Detection at -13dB - ensures a tight overlap with items without a FadeOut

With these settings you can now automate without have to edit in/out points and mAirList will read them when you load the playlist or drag items from the Browser.

The only problem I can think of is that the folder C:\Program Files\mAirList\MMD Folder doesn’t exist on your hard-drive… Providing it does, and you click “Save MMD” on the PFL window/editor when editing cue points it will save and recall it later on.

Keep an eye on the Scripts forum as I’ll update my “bulk item attributes” post with a simple walk-through which will hopefully assist you with getting those MMD and Cue Points sorted :slight_smile:

mAirList.ini (7.59 KB)

Looks like you’ve fixed it. Thank you Charlie.
Love the funky colour scheme to the PFL section too!

Quick One Charlie,

Could you send me over the icons you’ve used in your screenie. They look mint! webbo04@gmail.com Please.

Tom,
Check the “mAirList” folder on my site: http://www.charliedavy.co.uk/downloads/