Internal streamer zb home to server

Interner Streamer von z.b.der Homeversion zur Serverversion, um Live-Programme vom Heimstudio aus zu erstellen und direkt auf den Server zu streamen. Ohne delay.
Der das dan, als programm dan live anbietet. Also live den Programm machen von zu hause aus.

Hello Jan,
Are you thinking about live-streaming with your home license to the studio and relay to the broadcast from the studio?
This is already available (I think) as Home License can stream to a Icecast or Shoutcast server, and the studio license (Advanced Server or Professional) would listen to this using the stream monitor.

Just be careful that you are not in conflict with the license agreement for the Home User License… mAirList for Home Users | mAirList Radio Automation

1 Like

I know, but you have some seconds of delay, if not 10 or more. I rather thought about max 100 ms of delay. So connect your version ( home or better ) direct to the server, use its database server, and stream direct into the playlist as an external input.

Very interesting idea, I assume you would like to remove the middle man in the Ice-/Streamcast and have the server built into the mAirlist application.

As long as you are working remotely, event with removing the middle man, there will certainly be latency. But, there is nothing I’d like better than be proven wrong on this.

Something like a cleanfeed application, straight p2p.

to reduce the icecast/shoutcast delay you can reduce the buffer size that ist provided by the streaming server, i had a case were it went down to 2 seconds

but this isn’t recommended for working over the WAN, internal LAN would be fine but the more routing and third parties are getting in the more risky is a connection loss

1 Like