Infinite music(beds)

The iPad app Jingleplayer from VHU has a nice feature for music beds.

It would be very nice to have this option in mAirlist.

In the app you can upload an intro, loop and outro section for a music-item.
At first the intro will be played continued by the loop section. This loop will continue forever untill you press the “end” button when the loop continues to the outro section. With this you can make your music beds fit perfectly to the length of the segment you’re doing without fading away your tune.

To be honest, I don’t know how to implement is in mAirlist but maybe some buttons would do the trick. An integration with the mixing console would be really nice but I can’t think of a logical/natural way to do this.

You can try the app for free with some sample items to get an idea of this possibility.

BTW: I also use this feature for what I call “Intro Tunes”. With this I loop a section of a record intro. You can use this to start the record intro as a tune and when you’re ready with your segment, you can seemlessly start the record to play on.

The cartwall does support this. You set the Loop In and Loop Out markers on the audio item, and then enable the “Loop” and “Exit loop on click” options of the particular cart.

Click -> item will start and loop
Click again -> item will exit at next loop out
Click again -> item will stop

Can also be triggered through the CARTWALL CLICK command, does the same thing.

Ok thanks! Didn’t know that.

Sounds even easier than editing audio files.
I’ll try it soon.

Just tested it with several tracks. It works very nice.

Because I’m doing a lot of voice-tracking, it would be nice to have it implemented in the Voice Track recorder.

Seems like only having to add a loop icon but maybe it’s more difficult. If possible, this would be appreciated very much!

I don’t think it makes much sense, as there is no way to use loops in automation (where your VTs get played later) anyway.

I mainly use loops for extending song intro’s.

During my talk I start the intro of the song that loops until I want it to continue into the “song”.

When this is only possible in the cartplayer, I have to record the whole song when I’m voicetracking. If it would be possible to use it in the VT-recorder, it needs to record my voice and know where I started recording, when I started the track and how many loops to play.

Or is there another way to achieve this?