Icons doesn't display

Hello,

Maybe I’m blind but, event if I read a lot of topics about custom icons and applied what should be done, I can’t make my icon appeared…

Here is what I did :

• I have 500+ items (30+ of them are typed “Jingle”).
  • I created a folder named “images” in my mairlist installation folder.
  • I put some icon into it (for jingle, stationdID, music and voice-track). I should be right with the naming convention as you can see below :
  • My new “jingle” typed icon is :
  • I exit mairlist and I started it again.
  • I put a mairlistDB (local) database jingle into the playlist and I keep seing the automatic mairlist icon. Not mine.

Do you know where I can have made a mistake ? Seems weird that it doesn’t work…

It should be so simple that I’m a bit confused to not being able to make it work without asking help…

Regards,

Sylvain

Hello Sylvain.
It seems you have PNG files, and I’m quite sure mAirList only accept JPG files (at least in v6 that I’m currently using, don’t know for v7).

Hello,

I think you’re wrong. I saw in this forum that png files are allowed now, from so many years. There are a lot of forum threads that spoke about playlist icons and samples show “png” extension files.

A few years ago, there was an option to activate the override of these icons (something like a “use custom icons in playlist” option in “configuration” program). But, I’ve just checked : it doesn’t exist anymore.

So, truth is elsewhere but, I think, not in the extension file.

But, maybe I could try to use JPG extension file (as it’s me that had generated the png files) to check if there are problems with the file itself.

If anybody has idea, don’t hesitate to tell :slight_smile:

Regards,

Sylvain

Hello,

Nobody can tell me how he does to make it work ?
I made some new tries tonight, after having generated new PNG, and none of my custom icon display… always the standard one.

Maybe someone can send me one of its custom file, tell me precisely where to copy the file… and I will see if it works or not on my machine ?
Quite anoying because it seems to be an easy thing.

Moreover, it seems to be a bug because when there is a album art set in my track (I use mairlistDB), the album overrides the icon in the playlist… even if I have unchecked the “Show Album Art” of the playlist…

Help would be really appreciated…

Regards,

Sylvain

mAirList 7 now uses vector graphics to play well with high resolution monitors. So all images must be in SVG format.

You can use the command DEBUG IMAGES in the Remote Control Console window (About menu) to dump a list of available/valid image names to the System Log.

Great ! I will try tonight. Thank you a lot !

Just one more thing : is it normal that, when “Show album art” is unchecked, I still see the album art in the place (instead of the item type icon) ? Checked or unchecked, I see the album art. Weird, isn’t it ? Bug ?

Have you accidentally imported the album art as icons as well? (Check the item properties dialog.)

No. Only for the album art, not the icon.

For information album art had been imported from tags of my flac files….I checked yesterday and the icon was empty in the properties. I also tried to clear the album art on one track and the default icon appears in playlist.
All of those tests had been made with the « show album art » disabled…

Not a big problem (I don’t really need the album arts, I will simply clear all from my track library). It was mainly to inform you…

Regards,

Sylvain