HTTP Stream Problems In Assist And Automation Mode

All,

I have noticed a post delivered on the comments section of the 3.1 release of mAirList about stream playout problems. If I’m mistaken, then please forgive me - but this is what I have noticed too:

1. In automation mode, when a stream is loaded into a cart (and not triggered) it will buffer the audio and start playing out. I noticed this in version 3.0 but I believe this is fixed now. This might be worth looking into as I’m sure I remember it doing it again in 3.1

2. When a stream is playing for a certain amount of time and needs to be ended quickly (in both assist and automation mode), the player refuses to end the cart and eject it. When I tested it with the Absolute Radio MP3 and AAC streams, it would start the stream fine and count down - but when it came to manually ending the stream (even with a set fade time in the properties) or clicking stop, the cart would fade out in an audible fashion but never eject. I have checked various DLL’s to make sure they’re up to date - and they are.

If it so turns out that this isn’t a problem, could someone advise me on how this is fixable - as it worked well in version 2.x

Kind Regards,
Marc B

Marc: can you please tell us which build of 3.1 you are using?
(Click mAirList, About: or look at the startup splash screen)

The latest ‘snapshot’ test build is 771.

Sorry I can’t be more help myself, as I don’t personally use streaming. But knowing the build number you are using will help Torben and others to advise you on possible solutions or workarounds.

BFN
CAD

Problem #2 was indeed a bug, and has been fixed in Build 772 which I just uploaded as a snapshot. Thanks for reporting.

Problem #1 cannot be reproduced here. If you ever encounter it again, just drop me a line and I’ll have a look.