How do work mAirList and DHD 52SX for fader start

Hello,

I have the professionnal mAirList V4.4 and 5.

I would like start my faders on my new console DHD 52SX with mAirList but I don’t see documentation or manuel for this fonction.

Can you help me for this configuration please ?

I have connect the DHD 52SX to the PC with dedicate network, it’s ok for this. But now I don’t understand what I must put in mAirList DHD 52 module and what I must put in the DHD 52 SX configuration for the start working.

Arnaud.

Sorry, the English docs are a little bit outdated in this respect.

The first step is to open mAirListConfig, go to Remotes, add another DHD remote, and enter the IP address. That’s pretty straight forward. When you save the config and run mAirList, you should see a message like “DHD: Connected” in the system log (double click the status bar at the bottom of the main window to see all messages).

DHD remote control is all about Logic IDs. That means, the desks sets some logic address to “on” when a particular channel goes on air, and back to “off” when it’s off air again. These logic events can be linked to fader start commands (“PLAYER 1-1 START”, “PLAYER 1-1 STOP”, etc.) in mAirList.

Unfortunately the logic addresses are not fixed; every console uses different addresses, so you have to find out the addresses first:

Open your console configuration in DHD Toolbox (don’t know much about SXConfig if you use that, but it might me similar), then go to “View -> Available Audio/Logic IDs”. Scroll down the list on the “Logic” tab and look for a line of type “FaderStart (Ch)” and with the desired channel in the “Captions” column, e.g. the channel for your Player A. Note the number in the “address” column, that’s the logic address for that input.

To verify the address, start the mAirList main program, open Control Panel (Ctrl+Alt+X, or in the menu next to the About button), then go to the DHD remote config and switch to the “Monitor” tab. Open and close the fader on the desk and watch the messages. You should see multiple messages like “SETLOGIC 1” etc. Note that there will be at least two messages: One for “channel x goes on” and one for “fader y goes on”. You should use the channel-based logic addresses so that the remote will work regardless of which fader you use for the channel.

Once you have verified the address, go to the Logic tab and scroll down to the address you found out, then select PLAYER 1-1 START and PLAYER 1-1 STOP for the on/off commands. Done.

PFL is just the same, there is a “PFL (Ch)” address in the DHD logic list, usually the FaderStart address minus 3.

You can also link any other key on the DHD surface (e.g. the GP 1…4 keys) to a command in mAirList. Everything done with logics :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.
Then go to

Thanks Doktor Torben for your explications very interesting for me.

I haven’t find the IDs to the logic fonction and they are 4095 possibilty. So I have try to check the adress ID with the screen function in mAirList DHD module, but nothing is display. But I don’t know why, sometime I have a little message on screen “20/07/2014 20:28:21: receive: 17EF0300 11 0E” This message can be reading at the first second before restart mAirList, and after push a fader start channel.

So I have test with the logic fonction 17, 300, 11 and 0, but it’s doesn’t work.

I have the impression that mAirList and my DHD 52SX are a little problem for communicate, so yet mAirList display “DHD Connected” allways.

I continue to looking for the problem…

Have a good evening,

Best regards

Just some news :

When I open the fader 5 for example I have in the Protocol Windows :

“2014-07-20 23:19:06.981 RCV TCP 05-15-XX 0x110E0000 3 00 81 01
2014-07-20 23:19:06.981 RCV TCP 05-15-XX 0x110E0000 3 00 E1 01”

When I close :

“2014-07-20 23:19:10:412 RCV 05-15-XX 0x110E0000 3 00 81 00
2014-07-20 23:19:10:412 RCV 05-15-XX 0x110E0000 3 00 E1 00”

Hello Torben,

We have solved the problem with Eurocom from France, it’s was because I haved enter the port 3008 and the good port is 2008 for the 52SX finally.

That’s perfect now I can work with all fader start that I want…

Thanks

Arnaud

Great. Sorry that I could not give any assistance during my holidays.

3008 seems to be an internal communication port. 20008 is the right port for the automation system interface.