Hour template - Start of hour marker - error?

Im trying to add new template for exact hour to begin with Start of hour and load external last file in folder, but, I must doing something wrong.

This is what I get - underrun. And on generated playlist the Start of hour is set to 22:00:00.

Hi,
although I´m just a fresh new user of mairlist, I doubt to say, the wrong setting is on screen no. 5.
You´ve set the beginning 23hrs after the current template.
Set “Hard fixed time” to “00:00:00” and I guess it should work.

2 Likes

Correct. :slight_smile:

To get more in detail:

22:00:00 doesn’t mark the start of the hour. It marks 22 hours after the start of the template.

As it’s a template that can be used in every hour slot of a week you just define the different times from the beginning of the template.

In general, in an hour template you just set an estimated runtime of an element and the needed fix times counting from 00:00:00. If you put it in the 22h slot of your desired play-out day mAirlist will use the template to plan from 22h.

Example:

A fix-timed element of 00:10.00 in the template will then get you 22:10.00 in the playlist.

If you use it at the 15h-slot mAIrlist will plan it at 15:10.00.

In the words of the WIKI-Page:

Please note that fixed times in hour templates are always relative to the top of the scheduled hour . For example, a fixed time of 00:05:00 will be turned into 07:05:00 when the scheduler uses the template to generate a 07:00:00 hour.

So now it may be more clear. mAirlist had nothing to plan in the 22 hours before like you define it in the template (—> 21.59.59 hours without any planned elements).

Solution: Set the begin of the hour to 00.00.00 and just plan it in the 22h slot for the desired days.

1 Like