HOTKEYS: Cardwall Load Set

Hello,

I don’t know if this is a ‘bug’ or that I’m missing something :-\

Option: Cardwall Load Set for the HOTKEYS is not working. Nothing happens when pressing the ‘HOTKEY’ after configuring.

Version I’m using: 2.1.42 Build last (don’t know if this appears also with earlier versions).

Regards,
Vincent.

You need to add the file name:

CARTWALL LOAD SET c:\whatever.mlc

[quote=“Torben, post:2, topic:4727”]You need to add the file name:

CARTWALL LOAD SET c:\whatever.mlc[/quote]

Ohw… I misunderstood this part… I thought that it opened the ‘load cardset browser/window’.

tnx!

VIncent

If it helps you, Vincent:

As far as I know, all the LOAD … commands in the mAirList Hotkeys list require a file name. If you are using an EPOS-type keyboard (like a Tipro, for example), you could set up keys to load (again for example) ‘Fred’s carts,’ ‘Standard station jingle carts,’ etc. Or you could set up keys to ‘load breakfast show Playlist,’ ‘load drive time show Playlist,’ if you use a standard, unchanging file name for each show’s Playlist file.

HOWEVER :wink:

May I suggest that Torben adds Hotkey commands/options for:

CARTWALL LOAD DIALOG
PLAYLIST p APPEND DIALOG
PLAYLIST p EVENT DIALOG
PLAYLIST p LOAD DIALOG

where p is a Playlist number (0, 1, 2, …).

I think if these commands were available, it would be more obvious that the LOAD commands are intended to open specific named files and not the Open/Load dialogs.

There may be other dialogs which I haven’t thought of which should be added to my list above: any thoughts, people?

PS: Torben, I’m thinking of you today and sending you ‘good vibes’ for your PhD interview!

BFN
CAD

Hi torben

Suppose should really put in the feature request, but as were on the cartwall subject…;

is there a way that we could have it so when an item is added onto a cartwall that then isnt saved, it remains there until deleted or until mairlist is re-started.

Currently, if i add an item to the cartwall, then flick to another saved set of carts, when i return it has vanished. therefore, somehow saved there temporarily.

Otherwise, when adding an FX it means saving cartwalls which can clog up a computer.

Hope that sort of makes sense.

Any chance???

mAirList does do this already … ‘sort of.’

If you load an item in a Cart Slot, then Load a Cart Set, items will not be overwritten if the Cart Set you are loading has a ‘blank’ in that Cart Slot.

Example: you have a 25-slot Cartwall and quickly load Cart Slots 20 and 21. You then load your ‘standard’ Cart Set, which has Cart Slots 1–20 filled and Cart Slots 21–25 ‘empty.’ Your Cart Slot 21 item remains untouched, but Cart Slot 20 is overwritten by the ‘standard’ Cart Set item.

So one way to achieve what you want is have a Cartwall which is a few slots larger than you need, and always leave (for example) the last five slots empty when saving a Cart Set.

BFN
CAD