Hotkey - Start/Stop 1-1, Start/Stop 1-2

Hi guys.

Is it possible to have a hotkey e.g. ‘F1’, which effectively does the following? - PLAYER 1-1 START/STOP PLAYER 1-2 START/STOP.

So essentially it will jump to the next item. Say if Player 1 was playing, and Player 2 is loaded, then pressing F1 will start 2, and stop 1. Of course, if Player 2 is playing, then the opposite happens.

Cheers, Ryan.

You can connect multiple commands using a semicolon. Just type:

PLAYER 1-1 START/STOP;PLAYER 1-2 START/STOP

In v3.0.12 (and later), you can also use “PLAYLIST 1 NEXT” to start the next player and fade out the current one. That’s the same effect as clicking the “Next” button in the toolbar introduced in that version.

Torben is right: PLAYLIST n NEXT is much better. PLAYER x-y START/STOP produces a rather ugly ‘stop dead’ effect.

BFN
CAD

Ah right. I’m on V2 at the moment, so I guess the stop dead effect will have to be used!

Of course, I thought of a way around this, by having an “always fade out” option on the item. I only need this for news bed switching really which will have quick fades.

Cheers, Ryan.

This script may be a good reference for you, I used it with a v2 setup.

[code]// mAirList Remote Start/Next Script
// by Charlie Davy - August 2009
//
// This script can be run when you press a remote-start button on your mixing console
// It either starts the player if in ASSIST or issues a NEXT command if in AUTO.

// You will need a separate script for each player - and change the GetPlayer(0) value
// ie: 0 is the first player, 1 is the second and so on

begin
if PlaybackControl(0).GetAutomation = true then begin;
PlaybackControl(0).AutomationNext;
end
else
if PlaybackControl(0).GetPlayer(0).GetState=PS_LOADED then begin;
PlaybackControl(0).GetPlayer(0).Start;
end
else
if PlaybackControl(0).GetPlayer(0).GetState=PS_PLAYING then begin;
PlaybackControl(0).GetPlayer(0).Stop