Hook and Loop Player buttons are active during Play

I don’t usually click the Loop or Hook buttons on my Players, but I was playing with them tonight.

Both buttons can be clicked during Play mode (!), which doesn’t seem ‘right’ to me.

If you click Hook during Play, the Hook button ‘lights up’ but the HOOK indicator does not appear in the Player status text (beside ON AIR). If you leave Hook ‘active’ and click Pause then Play, the HOOK indicator does display (?). It’s hard for me to test this further because I don’t have any tracks with Hooks defined. :-\

Maybe Hook buttons on Players should simply be made Visible=False during Play mode? I can understand why you might want to be able to click Loop while a song is playing, but I can’t see any reason why you might want to click Hook while a song is playing!

BFN
CAD

You could want to start the track in Hook mode first and then deactivate Hook again, in order to prevent mAirList from fading it out at Hook Fade (if “automatically fade out in assist mode” is set).

Let’s not consider this a bug. Future versions might have an option to allow/disallow toggling of these modes.

I had actually found that de-activating “hook” whilst playing it very useful - A few times I have used it and then un-ticked the Hook option ready to stop+re-start the player. Usually I’d play the Hook from the Cartwall and keep the song in the Playlist but a few times I’ve used the technique above.

Would you expect the big HOOK indicator in the Player’s status text to always toggle on/off in sync with clicking the Player’s Hook button?

If your answer is ‘yes,’ then this is a bug, because that status text ‘toggle’ does NOT happen if you click the Player’s Hook button while a Player is in Play mode.

If you do that and then click Pause followed by Play, the HOOK status text does ‘suddenly’ update to correctly reflect the current state of the Hook button. The text ‘corrects’ itself the moment you click Play.

So to sum up, it’s an ‘updating of Player Status Text’ bug, not a ‘when are the Hook and Loop Player buttons visible?’ bug. ;D

BFN
CAD