File Recorder delayed stop

Hello all,

I’m trying to set up file recording automatically for certain items. I use an action to start a recording at the beginning of a music bed, and an action at the ending of the music bed to stop the recording. Now I was wondering if i could delay the stop of this recording by five seconds.

I tried using an action list with a SLEEP command, but this doesn’t work. I can’t seem to find any commands or scripts to control the file recorder. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Max.

What command chain did you try?

I made a action list containing:

• Execute command (SLEEP (5000))
  • Stop Recording

This action list was in an item’s ‘Actions on Stop’

Not sure, but would you please try SLEEP 5000?
Meaning: the expression without using brackets around the figure 5000?

Tried that to, doesn’t seem to make a difference. The recording stops immediately, the SLEEP seems to be skipped.

According to the Wiki it seems to not be possible using <SLEEP> standalone as a command in an action list.:

• SLEEP <Value> - Can be used in connected commands (“chains”) to have a pause of <Value> (in milliseconds) between two or more commands.

So maybe you like to try to use only one “execute command” action and CHAIN the commands with a ;

Example for the aircheck recorder:

Start:

<Remote ID> OPEN;<Remote ID> ON

Stop (and close) with delay:

SLEEP <5000>;<Remote ID> CLOSE

(EDIT: It may be needed to set a “nonsense” command in front of the sleep command if the sleep command really needs to be placed in the middle of two commands!)

… should rather be SLEEP 5000.

2 Likes

Yes, bracket overflow :crazy_face:

I read this to, but there’s a problem. I need to use the file recorder, not the aircheck recorder. But i can’t seem to find any commands to use for the file recorder to use in a command chain or in a script.

So maybe @Torben has an answer for that…

Currently no commands for the File Recorder, no.

1 Like

However, the option with an automatic pause after recording is available for the Aircheck Recorder.

1 Like

Thank you for thinking with me all, the thing is i like the way you can name the files differently in the file recorder. I set it up in this fasion:

• The news bed is started, a recording is made named ‘%Y-%M-%D news.mp3’, when the bed is stoped, the recording is stoped.
  • The movies bed is started, a recording is made named ‘%Y-%M-%D movies.mp3’, when the bed is stoped, the recording is stoped.
  • The showbizz bed is started, a recording is made named ‘%Y-%M-%D showbiz.mp3’, when the bed is stoped, the recording is stoped.

And so on…

This way I get neatly organized recordings of certain parts of the broadcast.
So i don’t make one big file with pauzes between the talks, i create seperate files for each item, automaticly named correctly.

The thing is, often you want to extend the recording a little bit because now sometimes the last words are missing because the presenter is still talking when the music bed is stoped, for exaple in the intro of a song. This is why i’m looking to wait a little bit and then stop the file recorder.

Could you consider this a feature request, to make commands available for the file recorder to use in command chains and scripts?

(btw, this is not on my system, but on that of my friend @thijsv, in case you were wondering why i’m asking these questions without a pro licence)