Extract meta data from playlist

I am playing with a streaming option, however I do not use the built in encoder, but a dedicated machine that I feed the board master output as audio source that I want to stream.(mairt list into a mixer , mixer into a processor and processor into another PC that will be used to stream) The problem that I am running into is how to get the last played and now playing to show in the stream along with some artist art. In the streaming encored I am using (radio caster), I found the option to read the metadata from file, however I cant find a way to export the metadata from the playlist.

What would be the easiest way to do this? Is there a simpler option that I am overseeing? I have no idea about programming, so the simpler the answer, the better

Is the load on the mairlist that big that you cannot run the stream encoder on that pc?
You just feed the processor output back to an input of the MAirlist pc

I haven’t thought of that. Most likely because it is an extra step to return the processed signal to the mairlist PC. Right now I return the processed signal into the board as on-air monitor and stream directly from the PC that is used for processing.

Lets assume I return the processed signal into the Mairlist PC - how can I use the built in encoder to stream? I can assign each player to the encoder, but I don’t recall I will be able to assign a final processed signal into an encoder. And assuming I manage to do so, would I able to directly stream the now playing info?

Thanks

Not sure what that “read metadata from a file” function actually does, but if it just monitors a text file with the current artist/title in it, you can just add a File logging in mAirList, with the “overwrite” option ticked.

Where is the read metadata from file option? How do I add file logging? I have tried exporting the playlist as text file, but I get empty txt documents

[quote=“petar, post:3, topic:10479”]Right now I return the processed signal into the board as on-air monitor

Lets assume I return the processed signal into the Mairlist PC I can assign each player to the encoder,[/quote]

In the configuration => audio conf -> encoder -> the line in that you use as on-air monitor
Image may not say much but the on air I run has an issue for the moment. But it’s somewhere here you need to select what you want to stream. There is no need to say player 1 2 or cart. Just your line in should do it.

image001.png

“Read metadata from file” was an option in the external encoder you’re using, as you said.

For the file log: mAirListConfig → Logging → Add → Log file. Specify a filename, format (e.g. “%a - %b” for “artist - title”), and check the “overwrite” option.