Export files become txt files

I have a problem when i want to export my music library or even one song.

I use to make a backup and export all songs to my harddrive. When i try it now, it becomes a text file that gets overwritten every time.

In this screenshot you can see what i mean:

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Hello, since there are no answers yet, here is a little more information:

When i try to export all tracks to my external hard drive, this is what i see:

On the hard drive it only makes 2 files that get overwritten every second:

Hopefully someone can help me!

Friendly regards,
Coen

Anyone has more information? I can’t backup right now…

I know i can copy the whole database folder but i really need it sorted…

Anyone has more information?

Hi coen,

In one of your first screenshots u have the posibility to save as mp3 file. That is not normal while exporting the database.
How do u try to export?
U want to make a backup of the database file (for specific songs) or do you want to backup the mp3 files itself?
Are you trying to export from a playlist? Then u export the playlist not the song(info).

In your first image you try to export a single mp3 file. but in the ‘bestandsnaam’ field, you have ‘playlist.txt’ as output. remove the .txt there and give it teh exported file a name. the ‘opslaan als’ field already gives it the .mp3 extension.

When selecting more songs and export like you tried, you will have a pop up to select the folder where to export the files to…

for filename you can write in the ‘bestandsnaam’ field “Artist - Title” (Without extension!)
then in “opslaan als” field is still mp3 and your file will be saved as “Artist - Title.mp3”

@RuVo80 Thank you for the response, but that doesn’t work.
Let me explain how i export. (that i used to use a lot but now doesn’t work anymore… i think this could be a bug @UliNobbe ?)

So i go to my database and select the songs that i want to export (mp3 and flac files)
Than i do right click and select export.

I select the folder ‘Tijdelijk’ and click on ‘ok’.
I have no options or export settings i can ajust.
Normaly it would export all files selected as an mp3 or flac.

But now it exports 2 files as playlist.txt.
I don’t have any export options.

If someone knows the solution, that would be awsome!

Friendly regards,
Coen

On the screenshot in your first post of this topic you try to export one file.
In that screenshot you have entered ‘playlist.txt’ at the ‘bestandsnaam’ field. You should at least remove the ".txt’ extension as windows will always use the extension wich is used in the ‘bestandsnaam’ field above the ‘opslaan als’ field.

i just did some testing for you. (in build 5038)

Exporting one single file:

As you see i named the file mp3 export test (Normally it will use the original name of the file)

When opening the specific folder, the mp3 file is stored correctly:

Now I have selected multiple songs and tried to export:

This also seem to work fine for me, when i open the folder:

So I really think you have to change the ‘bestandsnaam’ when exporting one single file.
This is your screenshot where you try to export a single file:

I have marked a red circle around the text “.txt” This will be the cause that the item is stored as a txt file instead of the mp3 file. When you clear the ‘bestandsnaam’ field and then retry to export the file, the original filename will be shown in the ‘bestandsnaam’ field.
First export one song with the original item name and then try to export multiple songs.
@Coen If you prefer we can have a chat in dutch so maybe it is easier to explain / understand.

I understand that i can change the .txt to .mpr or .flac when i export a single file, that is not the problem (but its also weird becaus i would expect it has the song name already filled in instead of ‘playlist.txt’)

But as soon i select more than one song and click export, i don’t have any export options and it export as 2 .txt files that get overwritten every time. It doesn’t export the way it does in your test screenshot.

The reason write in English is because i think this is a bug and am hoping @UliNobbe could help.

Are the original files mp3, flac? and what version / build are you running?

For a test please do enter a name without an extension in the ‘bestandsnaam’ field while doing a single export and try to export it, You shouldn’t add an extension in here since mAirlist has the ‘opslaan’ als field for this.
this is a test to see if it will export the file as a mp3 file.
First see what happens when one file is exported like this and then look further.

@Coen Just something that popped up in my mind:

I was looking in the configuration software and found this

In the config software do you have added the playlist.txt name to export a file?:

if so the filename will be used when exporting a file. (I have just tested this)

1 Like