Events stop working at 00:00 hours.

We have mAirlist running in our studios - loading a playlist at :55 every hour using one of Charlies ‘Next Hour’ scripts.

It all appears to run fine during the day - until midnight, at 00:55, when it appears to lock up. When I get in the next morning, it still displays 00:55 in the next event panel. I have to open the event manager and close it to get it operating again.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Please post the .mle file or mail it to me.

Hi,

Sorry for the long wait for this! The problem stopped for a while, but has started again! Here is the contents of the mle.

News 1-12 1-31 1-7 0-23 55 0 C:\Documents and Settings\Studio 2\Desktop\mAirList-2.2.1\scripts\LoadPlaylist.mls 0

Cheers,

Matt

I took a look at the code - and found a possible problem: When the script happens to crash because of an unhandled runtime error or so, the “next execution” time isn’t updated and the event won’t run until the next internal update cycle of the event, e.g. when you edit it in the event manager.

I shall fix this so that the update is performed in any case, even if one of the actions causes an error.

Did you see any error messages either in a dialog or the system log?

Thanks for that Torben, that would explain it.

I didn’t have dialog messages, I shall check the system log next time I am in the studio and let you know.

Thanks again.

Purely out of programmer’s curiosity :D, Torben: I assume this means the Event Scheduler waited for the Event to complete before updating the ‘next execution’ date/time; but will now update the ‘next execution’ date/time just before attempting to initiate the Event?

BFN
CAD

Yes. Or at least I will put an exception handler around the “execute the actions” block so that the update will be performed even in the event of an unhandled exception.

Of course, I keep forgetting you have try … catch … finally available in Delphi! :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD