Error using properties with '.flag' file in player

When I right click on a (music) flac file in playout system i got an error. It looks like ‘.mp3’ do not show this behaviour. (send bug report when plaout was hanging.)

These are the steps I took. (screenshots from 6.3.x version)

1. Go to song in playout system

2. Right click on song

3. Change something in ‘attibutes or someting else’ and playout is hanging.

The bassflac.dll is already integrated in mAirList?

found the dll file in ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\mAirList 7\plugins\bass\bassflac.dll’. It is the only file in that folder.

Okay, good. Thank you.

Enjoy your free :sunglasses::sun_with_face: day.

Do you have an update for me about this bug?I cannot use the software till this bug is solved because the whole player is hanging and can only be ‘killed’ with Task manager from Windows.

So, today i could work with some flac files in the database. But after some changes it happens again. Any news on this problem or a solution would be like you read my post and there will be hope for the future. :woozy_face:

No idea at the moment. I will discuss it with Torben next week when he is back in the office (but not on Monday 9 a.m.).

Thanks. Let me know if you need a sample file or logfiles from me.

We zijn inmiddels 28 dagen en 2 versies van de software verder. Mijn geduld is redelijk op. Beseffen jullie wel dat ik de 7 versie niet kan gebruiken hierdoor? Tijd om dit probleem op te gaan lossen! Dit is dus de reden waarom ik heeeeeeeeel graag een support contract wilde afsluiten. :frowning_face:

Oh jee, er zijn nog hele andere dingen open…

ggl

Hi,

I just tested several .flac files on a freshly installed v7.0.4 without any erros. So this seems to be no error in general.

What happens if you open the flac file in the separate database app and try to change something?

Hi Stefan,
Thank you for reaching out to me. I made a new database in the latest version 7.04. I imported 5 songs and had NO problem. But it is in a fresh installation without importing the old settings and ofcourse not the with the database from version 6.3.19. (no attributes/icons etc.)

What is the best thing to do now?

1. Importing old settings
    or
  2. Slow change the new settings and see when it goes wrong
    or
  3. Import all the songs and see what happens?

What would you advise?

1 Like

Hi, I would suggest to try a fourth option first - import your old settings from v6 to the fresh installed v7 (that one with the 5 songs that worked for now) and see if the error happens again. Attention: Don’t forget to deactivate your „old“ database settings after import and only :white_check_mark: the new one with the 5 songs!)

If the error happens again it must have something to do with the mAirlist settings. If not it must be something wrong within the database and we can go on from that point of knowledge.

But after you‘ve had problems with the character settings too (weird letters instead of apostrophe) a database error that causes this would not surprise me…

:blush:

I’ll get there… So I imported all the settings and did some testing. Flac gave no problems. Then I thought ‘I’m going to import all my music’ and then I had the problem again. So something definitely goes wrong as soon as all my numbers (45,000) are in the database. I am now cloning the database to see how this would end.
Any other options?

Unfortunately the database cloning is not going through. mAirlist 32bit runs out of memory on a 64bit 16GB memory with 60% free. It just stopped.

You are using a local SQLite database, right? So no „cloning“ is needed.

Just copy the *.mldb database-file, paste it to a new location and add it as a dbConnection in mAirlist. :nerd_face:

Just keep in mind to deactivate the former connection (or change the iD of the new dB) before activating the copy.

But I think the errors were caused by some of the files. Are the flac files located in different folders then the mp3-files? How many of them are in one folder?

Yes, what I was hoping was that cloning the database would fix the problem. Now that cloning doesn’t work, there has to be another solution.

The flac files are in the same directory as the mp3 folder (virtual and on the file system)

I’ve been importing year after year and I did not go wrong until 2022. Opened two flac files in Acoustica, can’t find any problem. They went wrong in mArlist but not in Acoustica.

In any case, we are already a lot further than I was. We found the problem, now the solution. And ofcourse we do not need to forget that in the old version this database is working normal. :slightly_smiling_face:

SOLVED in * Snapshot (Build 5057).

According to Torben mAirlist is using a new graphic library in v7.

Whenever an implemented cover art was bigger in pixel size than mAirlist expected, the memory was corrupted and this caused the malfunction.

Thank you for your extensive co-testing and pointing it out @PIDI !

1 Like