Ensuring advertising blocks play in mini scheduler

Hi,
We’ve been running mAirList at our station for the last 6 months in Live Assist mode but we are now looking at using it in Automation mode.
We are looking to create a 3 hour automated music playlist that includes:
* ID’s between every 2nd song, I’ve achieved this with the transition templates
* Play 3 advertisements an hour, preferably reasonably evenly spaced (around 15 mins between each) but if we need to we can play them in a single block, one after the other. These advertisements are around 25-35 seconds in length.
* All music that starts playing needs to play out in full, except the last track that can be faded out so the playlist finishes at the end of the 3rd hour.

I’ve tried the following hour templates but there are still problems. As seen in the first screenshot below the advertisements aren’t getting selected to play. My understanding was that a backtimed item would propagate up a playlist so that the backtimed item finishes at the fixed time (approximately) allowing the fixed time item to play. In my playlist generation it seems the fixed time items have been excluded from playing at all. We need to ensure all advertisement slots are played.

The only items that have a fixed time associated with them are the Advertisement blocks which are set to 15,30 and 45 minutes. They have a time frame of 300 seconds and an estimated length of 30 seconds.

I’m sure I’m missing something fundamental but I’ve read through all the documentation and am still stumped. Sorry!

The music block settings are:
Infinite/fill ticked
Overflow by 30 seconds
Timing: Backtimed
All other tickboxes unticked.

The Advertising block settings are:
Estimated duration: 30 seconds
Timing: Soft fixed time
Fixed time: 15 minutes
Time frame: 300 seconds
All other tickboxes unticked.

The hour template is as follows:
Start of hour marker
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music

The second hour template is:
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music

The third hour template is:
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
Advertising
Fill with music
End of hour marker

The generated playlist.

I have other images of the Hour Playlist, the Music Block settings and the Advertisement Block settings but I’m only able to post a single image since I’m a new user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley: thanks in advance

Jack

Don’t use “Backtimed” (blue up arrow) for the music items - leave them in “Normal” (green right arrow) timing.