End of Sequence warning?

Hi Cad, I had not tried your script . If it toggles EOF back on again after a playlist that is all to the Good. I must have missed that in the description of the script.

My view is that if Glyn had wanted a Playlist to auto-load in the 'last item' situation, he would have asked for that: no?

If in auto and wishing to remain that way, a load of the next playlist needs to be achieved. Far easier to autoload this than have a presenter (excuse the pun here, if present) load one. But agreed Glyn does not ask for this, just thinking aloud.

, you mentioned that a Playlist does not have a 'remaining item counter;' that's not true, it's the box between the Next Event Time box and the Remaining Playlist Duration box, on the Playlist control bar.

I do not see where in this thread I have said this, but I do twice mention the event window, which can only be seen if you have this enabled. So I suggested in the thread, that Torben could extend its functions to count items in a sequence of container.

1) My script checks the NUMBER (count) of remaining Items. If there are none left, it switches on the EOF warning by changing the EOF warning time from zero to 60 seconds. 2) The scenario you're describing sounds like ASSIST mode; therefore Glyn does not want a warning in any circumstances.

If I had tried the script, I would have found that out. My query about what happens in manual (assist) mode will be relevant at some point. An instance of not needing an EOF warning during manual mode will be rare. Unless Glyn and his team run everything in auto, removing too the need of a presenter ;D

So as you say, I had best assume nothing, check everything which thankfully you had already done :-[

Told you I was not a programmer!

Kind regards Tony

Ah, point taken re the Playlist control bar or ‘event window’ as you describe it: my mistake!

Re your other points, it would be a pretty easy job to modify the script to set a suitable EOF time if in ASSIST mode, should that be needed in future. I’d say any Java/Delphi/Pascal hotshot could do it pretty easily, or Glyn can spec. it for me and I’ll change it for him.

‘It’s all good!’ as a colleague of mine would say.

BFN
CAD

Hi Cad, my mistake for an inaccurate description. :-[

Edit:
A feature request then to post in the correct thread. Split the auto/assist buttons (in config) from the events coming up and also the playlist counter/total duration
end edit

Kind Regards Tony