Embedded playlist and scripting

Hello,

New question from me.
I have a script that fix mixing-segue regarding some attributes or cue points. It works very well, but it does’nt apply to embedded playlist included in my playlist. However, I would like that, if any embedded playlist (packed) is included, the script could go throught all sub-items of the embedded playlist and do the same job.

I didn’t find how to cast(convert) a playlistItem object (that is of item type ‘pitPlaylist’ ) into a playlist object that I can modify.
Is it possible ?

Regards,

Sylvain

Hello.

Nobody ? I’m sure it’s possible. I found lot a script samples in this community, hoping there is an example into them, but nothing that helps me to convert a PlaylistItem to a Playlist Object I can read…

Hey Sylvain,
Do I understand correctly that you have one long audio file, and based on all the cue points in that audio file, you would like corresponding dummy items in the playlist?

Thanks
Thomas

No, I think I misspoke.

I have a playlist loaded in mairlist that contains tracks, jingles and (sometimes) embedded playlist. Embedded playlists are IPlaylistItem Object and are not unpackked automatically in my case.

Then, I have a mairlist script that reads all playlis items one-by-one to change some cuepoints (for information : it’s a sweeper/drop script). And, when the script reachs an embedded playlist (IPlaylistItem with an pitPlaylist ItemType), I would like the script to go inside the embedded playlist to read all playlist items in the embedded playlist and do the same job.

At the moment, when I identified an “embedded playlist” in the main playlist, it’s a IPlaylistItem object, not an IPlaylist object. So, I can’t go through its own playlist items…

I think I have to create a new playlist object and feed it with the “embedded playlist” playlist item content, before being able to do something… but, I didn’t manage to do it… And I read the documentation a lot (really), and the forum (really a lot looking for some samples that could lead me to the right way).

So is my question.

Sorry, my english is not very fluent…

Sylvain