DHD 52/XC DHD IP Audio Interface

Hi

We will buy a new DHD Mixer.
And considering whether we should replace our sound card against DHDs IP solution.

And my question is, works 52-7140A - XC DHD IP Audio Interface well with Mairlist?

Sincerely
Kim

I haven’t used it personally, but they provide ordinary WDM/WASAPI drives, so it should work as with any other soundcard.

The 52-7140A is the box with the proprietary DHD protocol. There is also the 52-7180A with the Dante protocol, have you considered that as well? Seems more future proof to me.

http://dhd-audio.de/dhd_files/52xd/manual/html/52xd_modules_en/dhd_ip_audio_-_overview_and_examples.pdf

Hi

I have now bought a Dante device from the DHD.
But’ve got a little problem.

You can either run WDM or ASIO, not both at the same time in Dante Virtual Soundcard, what I understood.
mAirlist can handle both, which is very good.
But I must be able to record in Wavelab at the same time, and then it becomes a problem.
If I start mAirlist I get error message that the ASIO driver is busy.
And Wavelab can only run ASIO at Multi-Track recording that I must be doing.

How can you solve it? Any ideas?

// Kim

When mAirList starts, it briefly opens all ASIO devices to find out their number of channels etc.

The infamous BASS Error 3 means that the device is blocked by another application. Most ASIO drivers are “multi-client capable” nowadays. Looks like the one from Dante is not. I cannot find anything about it in the datasheet either.

Have you tried mixing ASIO and WDM? Run Wavelab in ASIO mode, and mAirList in WDM/DirectSound/WASAPI at the same time?

If that works, the error message is merely cosmetic, and you can just check “ignore device” in the mAirList ASIO settings and the warning will go away.

Hi

And thanks for the quick reply.

Dante Virtual Soundcard can either run the ASIO or WMD, not both.
So the problem then becomes that I have to run ASIO for both Wavelab and mAirlist and there the fault.

Ok, I see. So you cannot use it in WDM and ASIO mode at the same time. And apparently, it doesn’t allow two ASIO applications at the same time (“multi-client”) either.

So you’re out of luck.

By the way, why can’t you use WDM/DirectSound in Wavelab? You wrote something about multitrack recording? Can you elaborate on that?