Database issue need to be fixt

stefan hillen, i have chance what you say: open the mAirlist.ini
wear under option: HTTPTimeout=30000

Restart mAirlist and the timeout is gone… i dont have time to test it.

but i use al local db. i had the same problem on a i7 pc

1 Like

It is difficult to say what ithe cause can be when having so less information.
As asked before by uli, save a report maybe they can find what the cause is,
Otherwise try to see what part of the pc creates this issue as desribed above

if i search do i ever mairlist shows frozen or if i type rock me baby the same problem. i know that i’m not the only one with this problem. i’ll find it very bad that mairlist not solves that problem.

On the other hand, I know many people who don’t have this problem. We will help you finding the reason why it does not work at your place, but…

… is not a good start for a co-operative search for a solution.
Excuse me, but this is not true and I kindly ask you to cool down (which is not so easy in these days in Europe, I know :sunny:).

Thank you.

Have you created the bug report?

As uli says,
The people of mAirlist are willing to help you, but then you need to help them to find where the problem is.

Also I agree that it wasn’t friendly to say that yiu’ll find it bad that mAirlist wnlon’t solve the problem.
A lot of big companies all over the world could learn from the passion and supporr wich is provides by the people behind mAirlist.

As uli qsked. Please save a bug report so the people from mAirlist can read that for you.

if i save that report how will i find it again to see what’s the problem?

I will not post in here anymore. I hope @rvording will create the bug report and then I let it to people from mAirlist to solve this with u.

Also please try not to let this conversation escalate…

And by the way. Uli is one of the people from mAirlist. So if he offers u his help. I guess u should be pleased to take advantage of that

Like I said earlier, somebody ask about database search (I think it was @rvording ).
I don’t use database search because I’m quicker going through artist and then finding the title.
When I search on aha (take on me 80’s) nothing after view minutes mairlist freezes then I looked for a ha the same.
Going through the database like I always do and found out that it’s A-Ha in my system.
Enter A-Ha in the search and straight away hits.
So my conclusion was as long you type it wright it’s ok .
Only I didn’t know that there was - between the A and H.

@rvording, it might be that English is not your native language, but may I ask you for at least a little bit of politeness, please?

You claim a solution but do not comply to the questions the community asked you to answer in any way. Without this information, how could a remedy be possible?

Obviously, I have not read the words “please” or “help” once in any of your posts. This also does not encourage the community to help you at all. Me included.

1 Like

I asked for some specific informations. Several times.

So how are we supposed to help without knowing your system?

…as stated many times here. And no luck in re-create this error.

That was very diplomatic said :wink: Many users obviously don’t have this problem so why should mAirlist treat this like a critical general problem?

2 Likes

for everyone. i’m sorry for my reaction. but my English is not verry good. i’m only want some help.

2 Likes

@rvording u are dutch? We could have a conversation in dutch if u prefer. And if Uli allows me to have a chat with u to see what mAirlist can do for you.

that’s fine’i’m dutch

If it is ok for Uli, i would like to have a conversation with you outside of this topic about your issue and what people in the comunity were asking for.
I then can explain u in dutch what mAirlist can do for you.

that’s fine thank you

I’ll just wait until @UliNobbe gives it a go. When he prefers to handle it in here, it’s fine for me too.

I will try it wth a-ha in all variations; I have enough elements in my database. Thank you.

2 Likes

but if i type do i ever mairlist database get frozen,but when i type kensington no problem

Why should I say “No”? Thank you for your help and your time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you ULINOBBE in dutch i can explain better mij problem