Database issue need to be fixt

when get the problem that mairlist database show when you type a wrong title, mairlist show the follow message: mairlist frozen. it’s a big issue. if it not get fixt, i’ll switch to another broadcast program. this is not okay en need to be fixt

I just tried and couldn’t reproduce this error on neither V6.3 or on V7.

So here’re some questions to start with if you wouldn’t mind:

• What kind of database do you use located on your mAirlist PC?

• Is this happening too when you’re searching in the EXTERNAL Database app outside of the mAirlist Playout?

• How many songs are in this database indexed?

• Are all of the songs located on your NAS?

• Please describe your system: HDD/SSD? RAM? Processor?

Waiting to read your response…

i’m use mairlist 7. but on mairlist 6 i had the same problem. my database is located on the same pc as mairlist runs. if i do in mairlist a database search. and i type a wrong letter in a song mairlist get frozen. sometimes for 30 min. my music is located on a nas,. pc info:Intel(R) Celeron(R) G5900 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz.8,00 GB (7,87 GB beschikbaar). mairlist runs on a windows 10 machine

This is crucial to know. Please invest your time to answer this too… :blush:

Doesn’t matter what kind of database you use.
Last year I did some research and I found that if you make a mistake or don’t know how to spell it wright Mairlist freezes.
As long if you spell it wright you get results almost instantly but if you make a mistake or search for something you don’t have it takes minutes and freezes.
I did my search with aha but in my database it’s A-Ha on aha freeze on a ha the same.
When I got started with Mairlist version 4/5 you had to add something that you used 3 karakters.sinds then I search a different way. I always go to artist and scroll to the letter off the artist when I have it I open the map and look for the title.
So I totally agree with the question starter the database search is no advertisement for Mairlist but for me it isn’t a big thing to change play out.

Would you please describe what is meant with “wrong title”, so which difference causes the error?

In this window, please click on the Details button and save this bug report. We will refer to this later.
Thank you.

So you tested it with Postgres, LocalDB and SQL and it always behaves the same way?

“the database search” is very unspecified here. Yes, I red about other users where mAirlist has frozen after searching a big database and wanted to know how big the db of @rvording is.

Personally I never had this problem but in my database are only around 6000 hand-picked songs for now that makes sense to my rotation and station theme - and not every of the 35.000 titles I ripped off of my compact discs :wink:

1 Like

It was a question in a dutch Facebook group and I didn’t had that experience ether.
Then I had a local database, now I use one on a Nas , and the behavior is the same.
At first you start with things like Abba and instantly results.
But with A Ha my computer freezes and that’s a i7 (2 years old)
Like I said I never use the search function because I get better results if I go directly to the artist.
But with the search for a ha it’s easy to find, I only get results on A-Ha and I didn’t know it was spelled that way so after 2 freezes I looked artist aha and found out that it’s A-Ha in my database and when you search for A-Ha you get instantly results.

Thank you Henk.

Only thing that’s still not answered (or did i miss it?): What type of dB is used when this happens, i.e. on your setup? :wink:

I really like to know if this a general problem or only appears on an SQlite installation (localDB) but not on a PostgreSQL (aka a „real“ Server)…

Now I use a maria db on a Nas.
Get the same behavior on local db.

1 Like

And we still do knot know

1 Like

Mine are 2 databases first one is 4000 a 5000 songs (it was my only database when I first tested it).

1 Like

This would be nice to know too…

I still can’t reproduce this… Minimum Characters for searching are set to 0 with unlimited search results…

I get a hundreds of results for “A ha” like Baha Men, Aretha, Whats up etc…

Yes, it takes some time to find them across the whole database and mAirlist freezes for 2-3 seconds.

So here is the question: Did @rvording follow this suggestion in an earlier thread?

Wright now I’m on holiday so no access to mairlist.
And it’s over a year back but try it for your self , especially when you make mistakes for instance Kylie Minogue you can easily go wrong and type kilie or Minokue and what’s the point of searching if you’re not pointed to the wright artist.

I did try it by myself. With your example of “kilie” I just got 0 results instantly, no freezing. And “Kylie” brought up around 20 songs instantly.

I don’t agree with this. Freezing may be one thing (and I couldn’t reproduce it with false written names), but mAirlist is no ai-based search engine that make suggestions for typos and fussy fingers on the keyboard.

I would reply: “what’s the point of searching if you’re not telling mAirlist exactly what it should find in the database”… :wink:

Are there more programs running on the same computer?
What is the load of ur cpu/ RAMmemory/ network?

Maybe try to find what is causing the freeze.
Mairlist just does a job. Perhaps somehow the pc isn’t able to handle the big search?

Try NZXTcam software. It monitors your pc functions like cpu/gpu/rqm/network/storage. (its freeware)
Perhqps u can see the load of cpu/ram or network become high while searching.

2 Likes

The question was from one off the 2 Facebook groups where you also a member are.
I don’t use the search but with Aha it went wrong and I’m not sure but I think that a ha it only looks for a .
My PC is 2 years old I 7 16gig ram CPU is just under 10.000.
This pc is built for radio and that’s it’s only purpose it’s doing.
Again I don’t use the search but after testing last year I’m not beginning ether.
This is not my question but I agree with the topic starter that it’s not the best working search engine. Before I used freeplayer that had a artist field and a title field and I can’t remember that it freezes?

@henk .
My post was for @rvording since he is still having this issue.
I do understand your way of search, but I would also like to help and see what the reason can be that some people seem.to have thia issue.

One sidenote for everyone uaing any software. The minimum speca given by a supplier of the software are called “minimum” specs for a reason. Always think of your needs and understand that with your needs maybe the minimum specs aren’t good enough.
For example. If u use 128kbpa mp3 versus wav files, u do have to understand that when using wav files the computer has a much bigger load.

1 Like

Gentlemen!
We’re not interested in facebook groups or any other channels, since there is no official mAirList support in those groups or channels.

If we have a bug :beetle: in the database und you would like to help us finding and fixing it, please do it here.
Thank you.

@henk, would you please tell me me on what point of your search mAirList crashes? I will try to reproduce it on my pivate (very old and slow!) PC. Are you looking for a single letter? What search options and/or restrictions do exist for your database or browser?

From @rvording I’m still waiting for an answer on my post #6.

1 Like