D & R Airlite or Airmate

I am considering these two mixers but am a bit confused on the usb channels. Can someone help me understand. The airlite has 4 usb in/out and the Airmate has 2. Does that mean on the Airlite I can have 4 Stereo out puts from Mairlist to the mixer and with the Airmate I can have only 2? Any help appreciated.

Ken

The Airmate is the old model. It has two separate USB connectors, on a separate fader each. No remote control functions via USB (you need a separate USB interface for fader start!).

The Airlite is the new model, 4x USB in on 4 faders, and also built-in remote control (fader start, cart buttons) via USB.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Have been away. Thanks for the reply Torben. One last query that I am not sure of is the lack of master faders. Never used a mixer without them before. Do you think this is a problem?

Many thanks.

You don’t need master faders on a broadcast console. Glad that D&R removed them now.

Thanks Torben. That’s it then. Airlite it is. I have a licence only for Home studio. Can I just configure mairlist to work with this mixer?

Many thanks

The Airlite module is not included in Home Studio but can be purchased for an additional €50. (We consider the D&R consoles “unusual” home equipment, so we think it’s fair to pay a little more.)

Please get in touch with info@mairlist.com to sort out the details.