D&R Airence and Mairlist

I have posted this in the general forum, but I think this might be a better section.

I have seen that Mairlist is designed to work with D&R Airence, but I was wandering how hard will be to set up the control module to control the cartwall and operate the software fully from the board. Will the system recognize the hardware or vice versa? I have no engineer to help as its a community station so I will have to do all of that on my own and I am really bad with cables and wires. Is there a write up this that anyone can share with me?

Also, another hardware related question - would I be able to connect and run Mairlist on 3 different sliders for the players (3 players) and 2 different sliders for the cartwal with the onboard sound card or I need to get something like M Audio Delta 66? I want to run it with D&R Airence mixer, which is USB mixer, so I am a bit confused.

Thanks
P

Thanks

Setting up the control module is very easy. You just add it in the remote section, select which player goes to which USB channel (for the means of control - you still have to set up the audio channels separately), and which buttons to use for the cartwall.

The Airence has 4 USB channels which are represented by 4 USB sound cards when you plug in the console. All goes through the same USB connection, there is a hub built into the Airence that connects the 4 internal sound cards and the control module.

So you could e.g. use USB 1, 2 and 3 for the players A B C, and USB 4 for the cartwall. If you want to split the cartwall into two channels, you need an additional sound card.

Note that the Airence remote is only available in the Professional editions of mAirList, not in the Home editions. But as a community radio, you are not allowed to use mAirList Home anyway.

[quote=“Torben, post:2, topic:9473”]Setting up the control module is very easy. You just add it in the remote section, select which player goes to which USB channel (for the means of control - you still have to set up the audio channels separately), and which buttons to use for the cartwall.

The Airence has 4 USB channels which are represented by 4 USB sound cards when you plug in the console. All goes through the same USB connection, there is a hub built into the Airence that connects the 4 internal sound cards and the control module.

So you could e.g. use USB 1, 2 and 3 for the players A B C, and USB 4 for the cartwall. If you want to split the cartwall into two channels, you need an additional sound card.

Note that the Airence remote is only available in the Professional editions of mAirList, not in the Home editions. But as a community radio, you are not allowed to use mAirList Home anyway.[/quote]

Just to clarify one more time - with the onboard card of my PC and with the help of the virtual cards in the Airence I can run 3 players and one cart or 2 players and two carts and they and they can all play simultaneously and the level of the each player can be controled via the mixer?

I am looking into the following scenartion: Song 1 plays on player A, DJ starts talk… song one fades out manually, music bed starts on Player B. The DJ manuayt starts recorded bit on Player C while Player B level is reduced. While player B and C are playing, the DJ fires a sound effect from Player A.
This is a sutiton where all three players are on air at the same time. Can I control the level of each player manually from the mixer or the level adjustment is done in mairlist?

Yes. Each of the four USB channels on the Airence has its own virtual soundcard (“USB Audio”, “2 USB Audio”… etc. in the Windows playback device list) and can be used independently, including volume control etc.

For the 5th channel, connect your existing sound card to any of the line inputs on the desk.

Remote control (fader start) will only work for the 4 USB channels though.