Cue editor/PFL editor closes when pressing Pause

Hi,

I’m using mAirlist 7.0.0. build 5022. When I double click a track in the playlist, the Cue Editor opens.

When I press Pause in the cue editor, the window automatically closes. How can I prevent this? I’ve searched in Configuration but can’t find a setting to control this.

Thank you,

Maarten

Is anyone else having this issue?

So, I found out that a script is causing the problem. I’m using the script below to activate/deactivate PFL on my mixer when using the mAirlist mix editor. Does anyone know how I can alter the script so it doesn’t affect the external PFL player from my playlist from closing?

// Called when cue editor, mix editor... (but not a player) starts playback
// ExtPFLCount is the number of active such ExtPFL sources
procedure OnExtPFLOn(Item: IPlaylistItem; ExtPFLCount: integer);
begin
  if ExtPFLCount <> 0 then
    AirliteRemote(0).RemoteCue(actModule6, alaActivate);
end;

// Called when cue editor, mix editor... (but not a player) stops playback
// ExtPFLCount is the number of active such ExtPFL sources
procedure OnExtPFLOff(Item: IPlaylistItem; ExtPFLCount: integer);
begin
  if ExtPFLCount = 0 then
    AirliteRemote(0).RemoteCue(actModule6, alaDeactivate);
end;

begin
end.

As far as I see, the script itself does not close the editor window. However, as it is telling the mixer to deactivate module 6, it may well be that on the other hand the mixer is telling mAirList to do so. Have a shot at commenting out the line in question:

…

procedure OnExtPFLOff(Item: IPlaylistItem; ExtPFLCount: integer);
begin
  { if ExtPFLCount = 0 then
    AirliteRemote(0).RemoteCue(actModule6, alaDeactivate); }
end;
…

I Tondose,

Thank you for you reply. Indeed the script is deactivating module 6 which in turn in telling mAirlist to close the editor window. This by it self is OK.

The problem is that the script is also invoked when I press pause in a PFL Window. I would like the script to run when I close an external PFL window, but not when I pause an external PFL window.

Would that be possible?

What I had found out earlier (if I recall correctly) is, that a PAUSE on PFL is treated like an OFF, which can be quite annoying. The solution we came up is the procedure OnCueEditorHide which is what you might want to employ instead of OnExtPFLOff:

procedure OnCueEditorHide;
begin
  AirliteRemote(0).RemoteCue(actModule6, alaDeactivate); 
end;

1 Like

Thanks again! OnCueEditorHide would be the solution for the External PFL Editor. However, the MixEditor is always visible, so I can’t use it for that. I would like to disable RemoteCue on the Airlite when I pause the MixEditor.

When I right-click a playlist entry and choose ‘PFL’ the following editor opens:

This closes when getting paused (when using OnExtPFLOff).

However, when I PFL an active player, another editor opens:

This one is not affected by OnExtPFLOff. It also has a nice direct ‘export to database’ button. Would it somehow be possible to use this editor when PFL’ing from playlist?

Or do you have another suggesting to disable Cue when pausing the MixEditor but not the ExtPFL?

Thanks again for your time!

Cheers,

Maarten

This is on some’s wishlist for some time now. Implementation is unsure.

What is the Mix Editor involved in now? Did I miss something?

I’m routing my mix editor to a dedicated PFL channel on the Airlite. I’m using this script to enable/disable PFL on the Airlite when starting/pausing the mix editor. This works fine, but has the unwanted side effect that it also closes the ExternalPFLEditor when that is being paused.

Did you change the script the way I mentioned in #4?

I did…

So @Torben or @UliNobbe, the TL;DR is this:

1. Would be nice to use the PlayerPFLEditor instead of ExternalPFLEditor from playlist.
  2. In background script a OnMixEditorPause would be very welcome!

Thanks all!

Maarten

So what is happening? Still closing on pause?

1 Like

No, but when I pause the MixEditor it does not deactivate channel 6 anymore…

That is perfectly right. It should have been a proof for the correlation between mixer and mAirList.

Is it feasible to deactivate Automatic PFL switch (within D&R Airlite Configuration in mAirList) on Module 6?