Conflicts between skin.ini entries not properly resolved?

This may or may not be a bug, but I thought it best to report.

As I understand skin.ini, the entries are read top to botton and the bottom entry “wins” if there is a conflict among entries.

I have the following entries (among others) under playlist:

SelectedRowColor
NextRowColor
PlayingRowColor

When I click on (select) a row, the row properly turns blue. But as the blue row makes it way to the top, it remains blue even when it moves into the “Next” or “Playing” row. Shouldn’t the blue Select row change colors to the specified Next or Playing row color, given that a conflict exists (Selected color vs. Next or Playing color) and the Next and Playing row skin.ini entries are at the bottom?

A bug, proper operation, or “Alec Error?” :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Best Regards, Alec

First of all, “SelectedRowColor” is not a valid identifier. The correct names are “FocusedSelectionColor” (when the playlist has focus) and “UnfocusedSelectionColor” (when the playlist has no focus).

These colors are fixed, and they have priority over any RowColor setting, regardless of their position in skin.ini. This is a limitation of the GUI component I’m using (Virtual Treeview) which doesn’t allow further customization of the selected row, other than changing these two global color settings.

Ah, very good. That is fine. I wished to mention it in case it was a bug, but I see that it is not.

Thank You.

Regards, Alec

[quote=“Torben, post:2, topic:6925”]The correct names are “FocusedSelectionColor” (when the playlist has focus) and “UnfocusedSelectionColor” (when the playlist has no focus).

(Virtual Treeview) which doesn’t allow further customization of the selected row, other than changing these two global color settings.[/quote]

Not quite correct. You CAN also use:
GridLineStyle (=solid or =dotted)
GridLineColor
FocusedSelectionBorderColor
UnfocusedSelectionBorderColor

… unless something has changed recently? ;D

I think it’s also possible to specify the line color for the drop target, and a few other bits and bobs as well, but I don’t have the appropriate skin.ini file handy right now.

BFN
CAD