Cloning database

Hi Torben

I was busy cloning the database but opend the pb-hba.conf file in postgress but recieving now a error

SQL Error: “[FireDAC][Phys][PG][libpq] ERROR: relation “config” already exists”. Query: “CREATE TABLE config ( name VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, value VARCHAR )”.

What i am doing wrong.

Goos

The target database must be an empty database. No tables created yet.

hmm strange it is total new empty database, trying to connect but still keeping this error

Regards

Goos

The message definitely means that a the table (relation) with the name “config” already exists. So it cannot be completely empty.

Thanks. I did a new postgess installation 9.6 now it is copying . Thanks a lot your a life saver !!

Thank you Dr mAirlist…

Goos

how do we do to have an empty datebase with no tableqfor cloning ?

Why not just create a new one? Sorry, maybe I didn’t understand your question right…

i ve also this message “SQL Error: “[FireDAC][Phys][PG][libpq] ERROR: relation “config” already exists”. Query: “CREATE TABLE config ( name VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, value VARCHAR )”.” so i don t know how to do for cloning database

Just one basic question. Are you using mAirlist 5 (b/c that’s the sub-forum you’ve written your question)?

no i use
Mairlist 6.2

1 Like

It looks like you tried to overwrite an existing database with tables created by mAirlist.

Are you shure you filled in the credentials for the NEW database and not the old one?

This is how it should work:

Create a NEW database on your SQL / PostgreSQL-Server, don’t duplicate a dB on the server and leave the new dB as it is.

In the database app-window click “Export → Duplicate database”

Fill in the credential for the NEW database, not the old one.

This is where mAirlist will export a duplicate to.

Thanks for the help, it s better

1 Like

So did it work for you? Could you clone your database?

yes thanks you, it ok now.
When we have a database postgresql, how can we save this database?before in local, i have just to export for saving.

There are tons of instructions over the internet when you google this question…

Search for „pg_dump“ or „Backup PostgreSQL“ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like