Clicks in sound when using Aircheck Recorder @ 44.100 Hz

Hi guys,

It’s been a while… I’m still enjoying mAirlist very much! One issue though:

I’m using a D&R Airlite which adds 4 recording devices to Windows. Two of those devices represent the Program and Aux bus of the Airlite. Both devices are added with default settings of 16 bit/44.100 Hz.

I route the Program signal through the Encoder to record to file. This works great.

I route the AUX signal to an Aircheck recorder. These recordings have very noticeable clicking sounds in them.

I’ve switched both sources (AUX @ 44.1 kHz to Encoder/record to file and PGM @ 44.1 kHz to Aircheck recorder) and then both recordings sound fine.

I’ve also changed the AUX input device in Windows to 48.000 Hz and tested this with the Aircheck recoder: Also sounds fine.

To summarize:

PGM @ 44.1 to Encoder: OK
AUX @ 44.1 to Encoder: OK
PGM @ 44.1 to Aircheck: OK
AUX @ 44.1 to Aircheck: NOT OK
AUX @ 48 to Aircheck: OK

It seems like an easy fix to change the AUX input device in Windows to 48 kHz. Unfortunately Windows
regularly re-ads or resets these devices, leading the settings to be back at 44.1 kHz and my recordings not usable.

Hopy you can help!

Thank you for your time,

Maarten

Hi Marteen,

is this an external aircheck recorder software like streamWriter aside of mAirlist?

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. I’m using the built-in Aircheck recorder (screen object) in mAirlist.

Greets,

Maarten

1 Like

Okay, thank you. Did you try to record the AUX output with an external software to made clear if this only happens in mAirlist?

Which Airlite-Version do you use? I could test it with mine, it’s from 2020…

Aside of that: What ist the reason to use this routing of the AUX instead of the PGM as the Recorder Input in mAirlist?

Hi Stefan,

Good question! I’ve tested the AUX bus @ 44.1 kHz with Audacity and indeed it had the same problem (regardless if the Audacity project was 44.1 or 48 kHz). I have no idee why this happens.

Since it’s not really mAirlist related, I’ll contact D&R (it’s an Airlite 1, I think from around 2018).

In the mean time, I found a work around by using this Nirsoft tool to change the sample rate:

SoundVolumeView.exe" /SetDefaultFormat "{0.0.1.00000000}.{2c3d3582-0042-44ac-ab45-84a8c81bb269}" 16 48000 2```