Clash with Zara Radio

It’s a long shot, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and fixed it…and apologies as this is probably not strictly an mAirlist issue.

I’m trying to run Zara Radio and mAirlist on the same XP machine. Unfortunately if Zara is running, mAirlist cannot start. If mAirlist is running, Zara skips audio.

When I try to start mAirlist it reports something about kernel32.dll as well as a ton of other gobbledegook.

I’m pretty sure this is a problem with Zara, not mAirlist, as Audacity will not work alongside Zara either.

I’m on v 2 mAirlist - 2.1.44 if I remember correctly. Mairlist plays through a Maudio delta 44 sound card, and Zara through the on-board standard sound card.

What happens when you run mAirList twice, or ZaraRadio twice? Do they clash with themselves as well?

No problem with either on their own twice. It’s the mixture that’s the problem.

Presumably (and this is just a guess, I’ve never installed nor used ZaraRadio), Zara is ‘taking ownership’ or al the sound cards, including the M-Audio card.

Out of interest, what happens if you set up Zara to use M-Audio and mAirList to use the on-board sound card? And apart from Audacity, does WMP/RealPlayer/Media Player Classic/Winamp also clash with Zara using M-Audio?

BFN
CAD

Oh, and can you please find out which BASS.DLL version Zara is using? (You should see it in the Properties dialog of the DLL files in Windows Explorer.)

It is v 2.2.0.4

Thanks, Glyn

Hi CAD,
Zara does not work at all with the other (Delta) sound card! With WMP it plays fine, but then crashes after about 20 seconds…

I’ve tested on my PC at home (only one sound card) and mAirlist and Zara co-exist OK - so it’s obviously some kind of issue with our studio PC and Zara and 2 soundcards. Like I say it’s not a mAirlist problem - but if anyone has any ideas it’s very much appreciated.
Cheers, Glyn

Sorry Glyn cannot help. tried replicating your problem (with numerous other audio apps open too) but everything runs OK.

Mind you the test PC just has a single onboard sound card.

Kind Regards tony