Change folder of file

Hi,

I use Station Playlist Creator to generate my hours.

I class my musics like this :

Folder A : New hot tracks
Folder B : Recurrent tracks
Folder C : Old tracks

But… When I generate a playlist with Station Playlist for mAirList, folders URL are pointing to A/B/C folders… The problem is that all days, I refresh my playlist, add new titles and change folders for musics. For example, a new hit added on “A” two weeks ago, can be moved to B … So i generate new hours with stationplaylist with this modifications for tomorrow… But, if today, the song i’ve changed his folder is played, mAirList search in the old folder. And it make an error.

How I can solve it ?

Thanks

This is why mAirListDB uses logical folders (only existing in the DB) for the categories/rotations, not real file folders :wink:

Not really sure how to solve this. Moving the files around is a very bad idea of Station Playlist Creator.

So, what is the the solution? Stop to use Station Playlist?

I’m agree to use the mairlistdb and the mini scheduler included only if I can separate musics in differents categories and add generate hours able to accept external voicetracks with .mp3 files sent by ftp :stuck_out_tongue:

You can do a lot with mAirList and mAirListDB. Just tell us what your workflow is :slight_smile:

But back to your original question:

mAirList is not the problem. If you were using Winamp, or VLC, or whatever, to play the playlists, the problem would the the same.

Station Playlist Creator is the problem, because it moves away the files that are still referenced in the M3U files you created. This is a very bad design in my opinion. Your only option is to use Station Playlist for playout as well (I assume the playout and creator modules share the same database, so the player does not rely on the filename but uses the internal ID to find out the current filename).

The bottom line is, if you’re moving songs between categories, you cannot use Station Playlist Creator with any other player then their own product.

If I understand my only solution is to use StationPlaylist Studio with StationPlaylist Creator ?

Or mAirListDB Mini Scheduler with mAirList :slight_smile:

Seriously, if Station Playlist Creator is moving away files that are still referenced in current M3U playlists, there’s not much we can do about it.

No, as Torben said, use the scheduler within mAirlist. It will do all that you’re asking.

Cheers, Alec M

I don’t understand?

What don’t you understand? How to use the scheduler within mAirlist? mAirlist has its own database and scheduler so that you can create playlists and play them. It will produce just as Creator does.