Change default filename

Is it possible to change the default filename? I prefer to have the InternalID.wav as filename.

I do have read this post now for several times. But eaven with all good willing, I do not understand what you mean. :wink:

Maybe you can explain your problem a bit more detailed?

Would you please describe what exactly do you mean by “default filename”? I’m missing the right context at the moment.

Hi Anna and Uli, My apologies for my late reply. What i want to do:
When importing a new song. The audio is saved on my storage location under the following filename: artist - title.wav.
But i prefer to let mairlist save them using the following format internalid - artist - title.wav.

I’m afraid, I think I can’t help you with this.

Maybe I do understand you wrong, but you want to change the name of the file on your storage during the import in the mAirList Database?

1 Like

Exactly! @UliNobbe maybe knows?

You should use a program like media monkey .
There you can change the file like you want .
But you should do it before import to the database .

When you import a file to mAirlist, An ‘Internal ID’ is assigned to this item. If you want to make the filename equal to the ‘Internal ID’ you have to import the file, then rename the filename to the assigned ‘Internal ID’ and last you need to assign the renamed file to the item in mAirlist.

You could also use the ‘External ID’ for the item what can make life easier for this idea:

Name the file anything you like. For instance 0001. wav; 0002.wav; and so on
Then, after import to mAirlist, you can set filename as ‘External ID’.
Now your item has ‘2’ ID’s. One wich is assigned by mairlist and one wich you assigned yourself.
In the database you can change wich columns you would like to be shown. deselect the ‘Internal ID’ and select the ‘External ID’. This way your ‘ID’ is equal to your filename without reassigning the file to an item.

Thanks. For now I wrote a script to rename all filenames according to the internal ID using mysql and a simple batch script. :slight_smile: )

Good to hear you have created a solution for it!
Not everyone is handy in writing scripts using mysql.

1 Like

I am a little bit, but I hoped there was a function for integrated :slight_smile: