Change back language

Hello,

I updated to the latest mAirlist but now it is all in Dutch. The translation is done very poorly and I would like to have my mAirlist in English again. How to do that?

Thanks,
Dennis

go to config /gui/general.
second is language en and it is back.

ps i agree its not dutch more belgium

Thanks! This is much better. I donā€™t know who thought ā€˜underrunā€™ means ā€˜klemdrijdenā€™ :-\

Google translate?

It was translated by a real person from the community.

I can absolutely not comment on any of the translated works, as I know too little Dutch.

If you have any corrections or suggestions, please post them in this thread.

Wow, thatā€™s bad indeed.

[quote=ā€œTorben, post:5, topic:10798ā€]It was translated by a real person from the community.

I can absolutely not comment on any of the translated works, as I know too little Dutch.

If you have any corrections or suggestions, please post them in this thread.[/quote]Dear Torben,

I will go through the whole program when I have time during the Christmas holidays, I assume. It lacks a lot of capital letters and also the words are translated as if done by Google Translate.

If you could send me the translation files, I will send you my version and you or the community can choose which one is better.

Thanks,
Dennis

The problem is, I know very little Dutch, so I cannot really comment on the quality of the translation.

So I would very much prefer a situation where the Dutch community ā€œas a wholeā€ agrees on a ā€œperfectā€ translation file, so we donā€™t end up with 10 different competing versions :wink:

Anyway, current file is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e40v6y3o49gjure/mAirList.po?dl=0

Translation howto:

https://www.mairlist.com/dokuwiki/tutorials:other:translation

If you use poEdit, it will create the compiled .mo file (thatā€™s what mAirList.exe uses) automatically every time you save the .po file.

For testing, just copy over the .mo file to the respective location inside the mAirList program folder.

What I need in the end is the source po file though, not the compiled .mo file. (Compilation will be performed by my build scripts.)

1 Like

I have the same need: want to change language from Dutch to English. Is it possible something has changed since december 2016? I am running mAirList version 6.3.12 and in config > GUI I do not see ā€œGeneralā€?
2021-09-22_18-26-29

nope still there but I think your searching in the playout and you need the separate config.

No, thatā€™s not the difference between Control Panel and Configuration.
Something looks different thereā€¦ :thinking:

I have an idea, but I canā€™t test it at the moment.

Hereā€™s a trick:

• Open the file ā€¦
    C:\ProgramData\mAirList\6.3\config\gui.ini
    ā€¦ in a text editor.

• Look for the section [General]
    Change
    Locale=nl
    ā€¦ to ā€¦
    Locale=en

• Save the file (not as *.txt, but as *.ini)

• Start mAirList again.

I think @henk is right: the one I did not mention is that I am running 2 mAirList license: on my play out mAirList Professional 6.3.12 and on my production computer mAirList Professional Management 6.3.12. This is a limited version. On my play out system, indeed I see the field as in the screenshot from Henk. The language is English. On my production PC configuration is different, see my screenshot.

I am afraid in this case (with this Professional Management licence) @UliNobbe your ā€œtrickā€ does not work: I looked in c:\ProgramFiles (X86)\mairlist\6.3 and there is no config folder there. I do not see c:\ProgramDataā€¦

Exactly that was my thought when I saw the screenshot. I could not check this because I had no Management-License on my system.
I will ask Torben about the structure of this license.

@UliNobbe did you have the chance to discuss this issue with @Torben ?

C:\ProgramData\ is a hidden directory. Please make it visible in the Windows Explorer or type it directly in the headline of the directory.

The config folder can not be found in

:wink:

Actually, we can not change it in the configuration. Sorry.