Cartwall to open automatically at startup

In this thread on the German forum a question is being asked about a problem with the Cartwall startup setting in the config file. In that case sk91 wants the cartwall to stay closed when starting up mAirlist and removed the tick at ‘visible at startup’ in the config. However, it still opens the cartwall regardless of the settings in the config.

I’ve found exactly the opposite problem. I want the cartwall to open when starting mAirlist and therefore put the tick in the box of ‘visible at startup’ in the config, but it doesn’t respond with me either. In my case the Cartwall stays closed, regardless of the settings in the config.

Smells like a little bug to me. Has anybody else experienced any problems with this?

My Cartwall is still visible when un-ticking the “visible at startup” option :frowning: Never really noticed the issue as I prefer to have it visible when starting - I guess it depends upon your layout. The layout I tried it on was my home PC on a single screen with the Cartwall part of the main GUI (not it’s own window). My Cartwall Window Options are attached for reference.

cartwallwindow.png

And that’s the third user with the same problem. I do see a little difference between yours and mine configs, namely the fact that your cartwall is embedded into the main screen, whereas mine is supposed to open in it’s own window. And when I press the cartwall button in the main program it does open the cartwall in its own window. Just not automatically, although I did tick ‘visible at startup’. I’ve also ticked ‘maximized’ but when I press the button in the main program and the cartwall opens it’s not maximized at all.

cartwallsettings.png

Try removing cartwall from the standard.mlt file.

Open mAirList, close the cartwall and then save the now new layout as standard.mlt in the mairlist folder.

Does this work?

RojanUK your problem could be trying to run both seperate cartwall and players on the same monitor as you said earlier when reporting this. At the time you were only using a single monitor.

Kind regards tony

I still am only using a single monitor. We’re talking the same setup (PC/Monitor). It’s still only installed on my production PC. Before I upgraded mAirlist to the new version two seperate windows opened up, one being the main mAirlist players and the other being the cartwall. However, since I’ve upgraded to the new version the cartwall doesn’t open up at all, unless I click on the cartwall button in the main mAirlist window, despite having set the config exactly the same as I had it in the previous version, being ‘visible at startup’ and ‘maximize’. It just doesn’t do anything.

Reading this again, I too seem to recall that both windows would open on the same PC/Monitor.

Best we wait for Torben.

Kind regards tony

I found same problem in the german forum.
Can you check if the config .ini contains

[Cartwall]
VisibleAtStartup=off

Maybe the configurator just doesn’t write it correct.

[quote=“shorty.xs, post:7, topic:5302”]I found same problem in the german forum.
Can you check if the config .ini contains

[Cartwall]
VisibleAtStartup=off

Maybe the configurator just doesn’t write it correct.[/quote]

In my case, having the exact opposite problem, I’ve checked the .ini whether it’s set to ‘on’. And this is an extract of my mairlist.ini:

[Cartwall]
Enabled=on
OwnWindow=on
KeepOpen=on
VisibleAtStartup=on
Maximized=on
OpenAtStartup=on

As you can see everything that’s supposed to be ‘on’ is ‘on’, but it’s still not acting on these settings. It’s not opening at startup and when I manually press the cartwall button in the main screen to open it up, it’s not maximized either.

Hmm, I think I misunderstood.
In the german forum, they have the oposit problem. They set it to be closed as default, but it’s still open.

Maybe you can try to set it to be hide as default to see it? Really strange.

[quote=“shorty.xs, post:9, topic:5302”]Hmm, I think I misunderstood.
In the german forum, they have the oposit problem. They set it to be closed as default, but it’s still open.

Maybe you can try to set it to be hide as default to see it? Really strange.[/quote]

I have been following the German thread as well and I’ve tried the solution that they offered as well. (Adapted of course, as they have the opposite problem):

procedure OnStartup;
begin
  ExecuteCommand('CARTWALL SHOW');
end;

begin
end.

And this does work. The cartwall opens automatically. Still not maximized, though and it is a rather crude solution to the problem. Point remains that it seems that the cartwall settings in the config don’t work, regardless of whether you set it to start automatically or not. It seems to do the exact opposite.

Rojan, did you experience this under the default layout or using a layout.ini? There was a bug in the processing of the option when using a custom layout.

In any case, when using layout.ini and a separate window for the cartwall, the “maximize” option will be effectless. You have to specify the desired position and size of the cartwall window in the layout.ini file instead.

Thanks Torben, looking through a layout from 12 months or so ago I can see where we had this working.

Luckily we keep an archive, if some what untidy and forgotten.

Kind regards tony

[quote=“Torben, post:11, topic:5302”]Rojan, did you experience this under the default layout or using a layout.ini? There was a bug in the processing of the option when using a custom layout.

In any case, when using layout.ini and a separate window for the cartwall, the “maximize” option will be effectless. You have to specify the desired position and size of the cartwall window in the layout.ini file instead.[/quote]

Hi Torben,
I’m using version 2.2.0.526 of mAirlist, but with a skin that was made for me (therefore layout.ini is being used), so it seems that bug still exists. And OK, I obviously accept your explanation about the maximize option - it’s not a big deal anyway; neither points are, really, as you just have to click on ‘cartwall’ and the maximize button manually once, when opening the program and that’s it - but just out of curiosity: I don’t quite get why the maximize option will be effectless? Maximize is full screen, no matter what layout you use. Specifying the desired position and size of cartwall in the layout.ini for maximize purposes seems a bit odd as, again, maximize is full screen no matter what. Again, this is just curiosity, as it’s not that big a deal, but I don’t get it. ???

Thanks! :wink:

Hi RojanUK, are still using the layout.ini I sent?

Torben, I have just tried the copy I have and irrespective of the config settings the cartwall is not visible or maximised on startup.

Version 2.2.0.524

Kind regards tony

Tony, with or without a layout.ini?

[quote=“tony wilding, post:14, topic:5302”]Hi RojanUK, are still using the layout.ini I sent?

Torben, I have just tried the copy I have and irrespective of the config settings the cartwall is not visible or maximised on startup.

Version 2.2.0.524

Kind regards tony[/quote]

Hi Tony,

Yes I am still using your layout.ini. I’ve only adapted it very slightly - I remove the cartwall from the mainscreen and made the browser bigger instead, as I’m running the cartwall in it’s own window - but basically it’s still the one you sent me. It seems you have the same problem I have though.

Regards,

–=RojanUK=–

Hi Torben, using a layout.ini otherwise it starts OK using the default layout.

Kind Regards Tony

Yes, that’s what I found out, too. It will all be fixed in v2.2.1.