Cartwall & Browser Alignment

Greetings-

I’m using the 3.1.0 stable release.

Using the Layout tool, I’ve configured the cartwall directly over the browser and have enabled the Cartwall button on the toolbar. My plan is to follow a suggestion in the Wiki to toggle the cartwall directly over the browser. The problem is that the cartwall will not line-up over the browser during playout. Although all the position entries are the same for both the browser and cartwall, the cartwall continues to place on the left side of the screen, while the browser places on the right. I have tried enabling and disabling the “remember last position” but still no solution. Any suggestions please?

Also, using the mAirList playout, each time I close the program, a prompt asks whether I wish to save the desktop. I haven’t made any changes during the session. A new feature? :slight_smile:

Thank you all…

Regards, Alec

I think I need to see a scenshot and a copy of your current layout.ini file please.

The save confirmation was broken in earlier releases (never appeared even though the desktop had been changed). It can be turned off in the config on the Misc -> Options page if I remember correctly (don’t quote me on that, I’m writing from my iPad, no mAirList here to confirm that).

Alec: do you have a skin.ini file, or not?

I vaguely remember a problem similar to this from a long time ago, and if I recall, the installation in question did not have a skin.ini file in its config folder, which was the reason.

…though I could be wrong! ;D

BFN
CAD

Torben-
Thanks, I turned off the save function and that solved the problem. Below is the layout.ini file

Cad-
I do have a skin.ini file but cartwall is not configured in it. I’ve configured cartwall through the layout function only. Must I include configurations for cartwall in skin.ini, even if I’ve configured through Layout function?

Thanks!

Regards, Alec

[Browser]
Left=704
Top=165
Width=317
Height=556

[Player0_0]
Left=8
Top=60
Width=344
Height=175

[Player0_1]
Left=356
Top=60
Width=344
Height=175

[Playlist0]
Left=7
Top=243
Width=694
Height=479

[Toolbar]
Left=10
Top=6
Width=500
Height=49

[ScreenObject0]
Left=511
Top=-3
Width=230
Height=63

[ScreenObject1]
Left=741
Top=-1
Width=149
Height=58

[ScreenObject2]
Left=890
Top=0
Width=133
Height=107

[ScreenObject3]
Left=702
Top=108
Width=323
Height=55

[ScreenObject4]
Left=702
Top=56
Width=203
Height=50

[Cartwall]
Left=704
Top=165
Width=317
Height=556

No, that’s fine. I was just checking that you did have a skin.ini file.

You only need to add a [Cartwall] section to skin.ini if you want to change the fonts etc. in the Cartwall Players.

BFN
CAD

Wait, is the cartwall in its own window? Then try to delete the position.ini file, or at least the “Cartwall” section from it.

Even if you have turned all “remember window position” options (for the main window and the cartwall) off, an existing position.ini file will still be read and processed at startup. This is useful for multi-user environments when you want to have fixed window positions, without allowing the users to modify them. You just arrange the windows as needed and then turn the “remember” options off.

Perhaps the option should rather be labeled “Save window positions” to clarify this point.

It’s pretty much like the “Save within desktop files” options for the browsers, event lists and cartwall. If you turn them off, the information will not be included in the .mld files you save - however, if you open an (old) .mld file which still has browser/event/cartwall information inside, it will be restored, regardless of what the current save options are.

:-[ I should have spotted that myself!

And I agree with the caption change to ‘Save’ from ‘Remember.’ Much more obvious that it’s being written to config, rather than being stored ‘somewhere else.’ I would even say it should read:
Save window positions in position.ini on exit or perhaps
Write window positions to position.ini on exit
or something similar. You then also make it obvious which config file the data is stored in! :wink:

BFN
CAD

=> to-do list for v3.2

Thank you both. I deleted the “cartwall” section of position.ini; however, the problem continues. Is there something else I should delete or disable in Config? Any suggestions are appreciated…

Regards, Alec

Perhaps I bug. I will try your config and report back.

Yes, a bug or operator error on my part :)! Thank you.

Regards, Alec

Hello Torben-

I know you have a lot on your plate, but you mentioned that you may try my configuration and report back. I still can’t get the cartwall to overlay the browser. Have you had a chance to have a look?
If not, no rush.

I know that it was possible at one time because I got the idea from reading the Wiki :)).

Thanks and best regards

Alec.

Alec,
The Browser is - and has always been - a “dominate” object on the layout, it sits at the front of the arrangments of objects so you can’t actually place anything over it - On my setup (using latest snaphot of v3.1) the Cartwall disappears under it when I try and move it.

Unless something’s changed that I’m not aware of :wink:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m uploading Build 761, it should be fixed now.

Torben and Charlie-

Thank you both for your help…

Regards, Alec