Cardwall on fader 1.... Not on his own fader. FIXED

I use the trial version of marlist for my homebuild “studio”.
I have a behringer DX2000 mixer. Just today i build the velleman remote pcb. All works fine.
I have a Sweex SC016 external multi audio USB interface.

The setup is;

Player 1: Channel 1/2
Player 2: Channel 3/4
Card 1: Channel 5/6
Card 2: Channel 7/8
card 3: Not connected because the audio interface is a 7.1 version. So only 8 channels.

When i use the test option in the audio menu i hear the test tone on the faders exact like my setup.

BUT, when i play music and for example start card 2, the audio always comes via fader 1 (1/2) and not on his own fader. The same i have with the other card.

I drives me crazy. Do i make a stupid mistake? Thinking about buying an extra usb sound device. But i don’t know if that helps.

I hope you can help me guys. The program looks great to me. So next is buying a “home version”.

Thanks in advance, Peter

Hey Peter,

the Audio Setup seems to be okay so far.
So the question is: Wy are the test tones routed correctly, the audio files not?

Without having seen a screenshot, could it be possible that you have mixed up [tt]Playback[/tt] and [tt]PFL[/tt] by mistake?
Maybe something went wrong between default settings and the Players.

Another hint: Why don’t you send all carts on one channel > one fader? Especially by using a DX2000, you don’t have enough faders for all carts… :wink:

Best regards
Uli

[quote=“Uli Nobbe, post:2, topic:12058”]Hey Peter,

the Audio Setup seems to be okay so far.
So the question is: Wy are the test tones routed correctly, the audio files not?

Without having seen a screenshot, could it be possible that you have mixed up [tt]Playback[/tt] and [tt]PFL[/tt] by mistake?
Maybe something went wrong between default settings and the Players.

Another hint: Why don’t you send all carts on one channel > one fader? Especially by using a DX2000, you don’t have enough faders for all carts… :wink:

Best regards
Uli[/quote]

The big why drives me crazy.

No, no PFL mistake or so. PFL is not even setup at the moment.

Good hint. But i want to start them separate, and with there own fader. (even when the max is 2…) :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help and tips.

Peter

Peter, I think you should check the audio routing in the setup of your sound device. Somewhere in the software (I couldn’t find the manual) there must be a matrix or something like that, where the software-sided outputs (the ones you select in the mAirList configuration) are assigned to the hardware outputs, which represent the TSR-connectors of your sound device.

I had a similar issue on my RME device before. These multi-output soundcards have so many options that you can’t use them out-of-the-box in many cases.

Routed regards

TSD

[quote=“Tondose, post:4, topic:12058”]Peter, I think you should check the audio routing in the setup of your sound device. Somewhere in the software (I couldn’t find the manual) there must be a matrix or something like that, where the software-sided outputs (the ones you select in the mAirList configuration) are assigned to the hardware outputs, which represent the TSR-connectors of your sound device.

I had a similar issue on my RME device before. These multi-output soundcards have so many options that you can’t use them out-of-the-box in many cases.

Routed regards

TSD[/quote]

I checked that 100 times. There is some software where i can hear the “speakers” one by one. That works as expected.

Even more strange, when i remove all the audio outputs to the cardwall in the audiosettings, than card 1,2,3 plays via the fader 1 output. So there is something wrong in my mcardlist settings i think. And yes, i hear player A also on fader 1…

The matrix is empty. Only player A and B have output assigned now. Still hear my card wall.

I realy hope that you can help me guys. This is so strange…

Peter

Let us have a look at your hardware cable connection:

[font=courier]Sweex SC016 out > Behringer DX2000 in
Front > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2)
Surround > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2)
Center / Bass > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2)
Back > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2)[/font]

Next, would you mind attaching a screenshot of the audio devices section from your mAirList configuration?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

[hr]EDIT bad english, sorry :-[

To be honest, I don’t think that the software routing matrix of a RME can be compared to a hardware that is currently worth EUR 30 (german VAT included!). :o

Tondose, you know how much I appreciate your know-how, but in this case: “TRS”. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[font=courier]Sweex SC016 out > Behringer DX2000 in
Front > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2) front to 1/2 behringer player A
Surround > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2) surround to 5/6 behringer card 1
Center / Bass > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2) center/bass to 2/3 behringer player B
Back > Channel …? (used for Player A / B / Cart 1 / Cart 2)[/font] back to 7/8 behringer card 2

When i delete all the audio settings !!! than ALL audio comes from fader 1…
I don’t have the USB cable from the DX2000 plugged in. I have no idea what that do…

Picture is included.

Thank you so far!!!

Peter

Next, would you mind attaching a screenshot of the audio devices section from your mAirList configuration?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

[hr]EDIT bad english, sorry :-[
[/quote]

IMG_2900.jpg

Sorry, something went wrong. I send you a reply.

Thank you, Peter.

Everything’s fine, don’t worry. :slight_smile:
From this answer, I’m a bit confused:

[quote=“struijs, post:8, topic:12058”]front to 1/2 behringer player A
surround to 5/6 behringer card 1
center/bass to 2/3 behringer player B
back to 7/8 behringer card 2[/quote]

The assignment …

[ul][li]1/2 (A)[/li]
[li]2/3 (B)[/li]
[li]5/6 (CW 1)[/li]
[li]7/8 (CW 2)[/li][/ul]

… seems to be that something went wrong; maybe you typed incorrectly?
I don’t know what you mean by… “1/2”, 2/3" and so on.

Please take a look at the DX2000 backpanel (see attached pic). I assume, your intention is:

[ul][li]Player A = Stereo Input 3 = from soundcard “front”[/li]
[li]Player B = Stereo Input 4 = from soundcard “center / bass”[/li]
[li]Cart 1 = Stereo Input 5 = from soundcard “surround”[/li]
[li]Cart 2 = Stereo Input 6 = from soundcard “back”[/li][/ul]

[quote=“struijs, post:8, topic:12058”]When i delete all the audio settings !!! than ALL audio comes from fader 1…
I don’t have the USB cable from the DX2000 plugged in. I have no idea what that do…[/quote]

Okay, that sounds strange.
Actually, I do not see any error in uw configuratie 8) that could cause the described problem.
I attached a screenshot but I don’t know what could be better right there (it is only an example, no default!).

[nl]
[i]Heb je al gezien dat er hier ook een gebied is voor hulp in het Nederlands?
We hebben ook zeer competente gebruikers die uw taal beter spreken dan ik.

Ik kan echter, net als bij deze tekst, alleen deelnemen met de hulp van Google Translator. ::slight_smile: :frowning: [/i]
[/nl]

Groeten,
Uli

Thank you for your answer.

The behringer is good connected. But my explanation was a bit strange.

Audio 1/2 (L/R player A is connected on input 3 (L/R)
Audio 3/4 (L/R player B is connected on input 4 (L/R)

Etc.

But its not that the Behringer is wrong disconnected. Because i did a test to check the outputs of the Sweex interface. And there is always audio on output Front. So i throw it in the trash and buy something else. Maybe i can use it for PFL and input voicetrack or so.

Any advice for a (please not so expensive) external sound interface?

Thanks again, Peter

Ah! Is this the “test option” you meant in your first post?
I thought you tested it via the mAirList test tone right out of the [tt]Configuratie[/tt]? ???

Difficult. In the german forum I started a thread “Der Audio I/O Interface an mAirList-Thread” (The audio I/O interface on mAirList thread) and tried to list what kind of interfaces are in use, which are available, not yet testetd by the community and so on.

Well, from my point of view the ESI Gigaport seems to be the best option, actually at a price at 142 Euro net (please add the VAT of your country). There is also the Behringer UMC1820 at nearly the same price but I have no information about possible noise (for which Behringer is sometimes well known ???). A device I have to add to the list.

Please note that I am not familiar with devices like the Sweex and many others below 100 Euro. Often they are only distributed via ebay or Amazon etc. and I do not support this (don’t mind, this is something personal between me and them).
In german we use to say “Wer billig kauft, kauft zweimal” (Who buys cheap, buys twice / Wie koopt goedkoop, koopt twee keer).

I hope it is really a hardware problem and you can solve it.
Please keep the Sweex until a new device works as expected. Later on, you can still use it e.g. on a Laptop in order to improve the sound using external speakers. :wink:

Ah! Is this the “test option” you meant in your first post?
I thought you tested it via the mAirList test tone right out of the [tt]Configuratie[/tt]? ???[/quote]

No, in my first post i did a test with the test option in mairlist. Now i did a test with earphones…:slight_smile:

I ordered the ESI. Lets see. Looks promising.

Thanks again for all your help.

NB Wer billig kauft, kauft zweimal (ALWAYS)…

Peter

Tondose, you know how much I appreciate your know-how, but in this case: “TRS”. :wink: :P[/quote]

What do you mean? „TSR“ is totally correct:

;D

Danish regards

TSD

Even though it might be a little late, did you enable 7.1 Audio in the Windows Audio Settings. By Default (especially as you seem to still be on the old Win7), it is stereo only.
As it has been a while now, since I last touched Win7, I don’t remember exactly where these option was. Somewhere in the Control Panel → Audio Settings.

Even if mAirlist detects all ports, if Windows is set to stereo only, mAirlist is only allowed to use first Stereo Pair.
You can force mAirlist to enable multichannel Audio but it is better to do the correct settings in Windows.

Also you are writing, you are on a Trial Version, are you using the 30 day trial license, registered to your eMail Address or the Demo mode without registration?
The Demo mode might block Multi-Channel Audio, at least after 30 minutes or so.

Best Regards
Malte

I fixed it. I bought the ESI Gigaport HD+ and had the same problem. So more testing…

The solution is that you have to fill in the output details also in the “general” cart wall option.
See the picture. On the picture its not filled in yet.

Live is sometimes so simple.

Strange thing is that the audio channel test in Mairlist did everything fine.

I keep this ESI sound card, it sounds much better than the to cheap Sweex. That one had some computer noise on the outputs. The ESI is crystal clear.

Everybody thanks for there help.

Peter

screen.jpg

Hey Peter,

thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile:

This is a very good information.
Torben: Bug or feature?

Good luck with your Gigaport!

It depends on a number of factors, but a common issue is:

In the “new” cartwall (since v5) player numbers are dynamic according to the settings in the config (top to bottom, left to right, etc.), which may also change during runtime.

Sometimes it can happen that an item starts loading before it is assigned a number. In this case, it will use the device for “Player without number” first, and then a split second later, when its number is assigned, it will be moved to the correct soundcard.

The problem is that this “moving” does not work between DirectSound and WASAPI. So if “player without number” is set to DirectSound, and “Player 1” is set to WASAPI, it will just not work. (It’s because DirectSound and WASAPI use different channel management inside BASS.)

So the solution is to set either “player without number” (or the general “ON AIR” device, which will be used if “player without number is unset”) to any WASAPI output.

Thank you Torben.

But this was not the case. I filled in all the decks. The audio test feature did gave me good results (card 1 on fader 5, card 2 on fader 6 and card 3 on fader 7).

So nothing unassigned and nothing without number. Maybe i misunderstand you. But its fixed now.

Peter