Camelot key

Hello

Is there a possibility to add automatically a Camelot key for a song.

Thanks a lot

Try to analyze the track with rekordbox, engineDJ or any other DJ-Software and see, if it’s possible to save the key in the metadata of the song.

Maybe you’re then able to add in mAirList a custom-attribute field, according to the name of the field in the metadata-tag. Then you can show it (eventually) in the playlist (database and playout) and in the database-library…

Not sure, if that works, but it can be a solution…

mAirList itselfs is not able to identify/analyze the major-key of a track. As far as I know.

2 Likes

No, it’s not possible. All of the listed software can’t write the Tag back to the file. Using “Mixed in Keys” took hours for some hundred songs and is very expensive.

@jasper2002 By accident I discovered a really good software for BPM and Key:

It costs around 20 Dollar and I analyzed around 36.000 Songs (!) in a batch. It took the software just 3 hours and 55 minutes and it can be used with all sort of standard media types like

MPEG Audio (MP3, MP4, M4A), Windows Media Audio (WMA, ASF), OGG Vorbis (OGG, OGA), WAV PCM Audio (WAV), Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC), AIFF (AIFF), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC).

I’m organizing all of my files with Media Monkey (because of the extensive scripting possible) and Media Monkey just re-red the files and showed all BPM and Key then.

The results are fair good. In my opinion it’s more accurate than Mixed in Key too (maybe because it’s not targeted to dance music only)…

3 Likes

Hello

Thanks a lot!
But how import the key linked to the file into mairlist?

Thanks

There is an ID3 Tag called “INITIALKEY” for the musical key.
So if you can write the key into this field it is saved in the mp3 File.
I am not a mAIRlist Pro, but I think you can add Standard-Attribute to mAIRlist for the INITIALKEY then.

1 Like