Bug issue in Mairlist

Hello Guys

I hope someone can help me out tonight . I have a serious issue with the database close mairlist down.

I have a back up in the studio , but where the problem is is the windows 2008 server in the data centre

Regards

Goos Mante

bugreport2.txt (15.3 KB)

I’m guessing (and I stress guessing) that this relates to one or more PNG files that you (or someone else?) has moved from their original location, or which are otherwise screwed up.

Certainly the error log seems to be saying “I had a problem trying to convert a PNG file to an ICO file so I could display it.”

Hopefully Torben will be here soon to correct or clarify my guess. But I would be looking for graphics files which have moved, have been renamed, or have been deleted (especially if you use any PNG files as part of your mAirList customisation).

BFN
Cad

That is realy strange.

I am trying now an earlier version of Mairlist. I hope it helps . With a local database. Please tell me if you think it helps. I did not had this issue before. So i do not get it what causing this

Goos

All PNGs are embedded into mAirList.exe.

If the exe file is not corrupt (from the download, or a virus), this looks pretty much like an issue with a remote control software (LogMeIn?) to me, that hooks into the graphic functions of the running applications. We have seen similiar issues with broken versions of VNC in the past.

OK thanks for the information. What type of remote do you prefer for us? I am using now 4.1 1457 running now for an hour . Is stable no stops at all… Keep you informed tomorrow ok?

I hope the night will be with out any issue…

Goos

I would simply stick with the built-in remote desktop from Microsoft.

Please post to this thread when there is news. I’m ignoring any e-mail about things that should be discussed in the forum.

Normaly we do RDP. In this case we need to go to the centre of windows it self because we are using also an 1 to 1 audio tx connection as wel for several radio shows. I will let you know. Thanks for looking

Goos

Hi Torben

Good morning

IT happend again around 9.30 am this morning . During ther night it was no problem. If you have the time today can yopu check?

Goos

I removed all the programmes of Log me in. Seems to woring fine now. I’'ll keep you informed

Goos

Again mairlist stops playing

This time i was be able to grab the problem

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mAirList.exe
Application Version: 4.1.2.1470
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: mAirList.exe
Fault Module Version: 4.1.2.1470
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00005ab2
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e86c
Additional Information 2: 3e32074cfcaea1d1cf04128dd1ad8049
Additional Information 3: 724e
Additional Information 4: a286700cd895e53824cf88af09f738fe

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

These minimal bug reports from Windows are pretty useless because they only show the error address, but not the call stack. (It’s like when you write a book, give it to someone to proofread it, and the person says “there’s an E missing”, but does not say which page, line or word.)

The error must be somewhere outside the actual mAirList.exe application, otherwise you would see mAirList’s “OK/Details” error dialog (with the ability to send a bug report) instead of the one from Windows.

So you have removed LogMeIn. Is there any other remote control software installed? Did you mention radmin?

The strange thing is that i did not had this issue before, we are tackeling the problem also. A friend of me is checking the server now. Could it be a corrupt user account under windows 2008 ? Normaly it should run fine under 2008 standard 32 bit right?

Goos

It might even be a hardware issue, defect RAM or so.

Ok we have changed the user account. It is running fine again for 30 min now . Will inform you when it happens again

Goos