Browser Layout

When opening the database app of mairlist the screen is divided…
On the left you see the folder menu and on the right you see the items.

In my skin I have added the browser function wich is different in it’s layout. Would it be possible to have it in the same layout like the database app?

This question is asked before and then the answer was to put the database app open. That is not always a good solution and I really not prefer to have the full database open in the playout studio.

I really wonder what the toughts are on this suggestion…

Here a small image wich give a view on the suggestioned layout:

This is the current layout:

with these compared close you see that searching in the database is a lot more difficult in the current layout of the browser.

5 Likes

That’s still what I think :wink:

Why not?

Hi torben
I do understand your toughts on opening the database, but these are the points why i not prefer…

1. The database is an external window, so it isn,t possible to intigrate in the ini file. Most people have a searchbox of the database somewhere in there screen. If u put database open on top of mairlist and u press any place in mairlist… the database will move to the background and u have to switch between the apps constantly.

2. I not want the entire database open. Just the library not the playlists nor advertising and reports tab.

3. Most important…
    Do not want people be able to make changes in the database…
    Back then someone said… if u do trust the people who you work with, why would you have to hide these things?
    Well it’s just like not everyone should be able to go there…

Please don’t get me wrong. I am not trying to attack your toughts. It’s just that mairlist is so simple in it’s layout… i think this would make the databasr functiin in skin file also more accessable and then it shouldn’t be needed to have two apps running next to eachother) but it all looks like one piece…

Hope u do understand my toughts on this?