Big crash !

Hi Everybody
Since some days, MairList crashes !
I listen the radio, and i hear nothing, when i take a look on the computer…
mAirlist playlist’s is empty and if got a lot of error messages.

A script load the new playlist each hour, but when it played,
it work again !
I think “BASS_Init” is a sound card problem (I use virtual cards) but when i run the script manually,
that’s rules…
It’s a big problem because since two day we have a big white sound during 2-3 hours.
Please help me to resolve this crash !
Also, sometime, the songs are accelerating and after 30 minutes, the playlist is empty… and big white sound again !
I use virtual cards and mAirList 3.10 on Windows Server 2003.
I’m desesperate… please help me !!!
PS : Sorry for my english !

Can you please report the exact Build number from the About dialog?

Because this error is supposed to be fixed in the current snapshot Build 646: http://www.mairlist.com/download/mAirList/v3.0/snapshot/
(download and replace mAirList.exe)

Hi !
I Already update but this bug still occurs randomly.
and the problem is that I have no error message apart from those I put in the screen printing…

So which Build are you running currently?

The error occurs when BASS fails to initialize the DirectSound output for some reason. Usually, the devices are closed and re-opened when a player is loaded. So another thing to try is to activate the option “Modules -> WDM Output -> Keep device open” for all of your sound cards in mAirListConfig. Then the device, once initialized, will not be closed during the session but remain open.

The build is 636 !
I activate the keep device open… I will keep you informed of the result
thank you :slight_smile:

Ok, so you have not updated to the snapshot yet. Build 636 is the original 3.0.10 release, and the snapshot is now at Build 646, and the bug was fixed in Build 638. Please download the mAirList.exe file linked above, and everything will be fine.

Hello Torben! Thank you for your help!
I updated yesterday evening I’ll see if the problem no longer occurs.
However, today the problem files which accelerates again, the pop music from time to time by advancing several seconds, result titles are very short and the playlist is empty soon … I have no error message and a restart fixes this problem mAirList … However, this happens quite often!

That sounds pretty much like a sound card issue (driver suddenly requesting data too fast from BASS). Are all files the same sample rate? And what kind of sound card is that anyway?

All file are in 44100 320Kbps (not vbr)
I use Virtual Audio Cable 3, I’ll update to version 4.09 and see if that fixes the problem!

Three other things, Alesk:

1. Many VAC bugs have been fixed since version 3. I’m pleased to hear you plan to upgrade to VAC 4.09!

2. Where do you send the mAirList output? In other words, if mAirList is the ‘input’ to VAC, does the VAC ‘output’ go ‘into’ another application, or direct to to a (real) sound card? It would help us to know any other applications which are ‘between’ mAirList and your sound card: for example, is there some sound processor program or something like that?

3. Which (real) sound card are you using? I ask this because at some point, you are listening to the VAC output, therefore the sound you are hearing is coming from (I presume?) a real sound card—VAC cannot itself produce any output you can hear!

Please also remember that mAirList was designed to send its audio output directly to either a real sound card, or to a streaming encoder. We will try to help, but the solution may be that VAC is jsut not compatible with mAirList.

BFN
CAD

Here is a picture of my modus operandi :slight_smile:

I hope the new version of VAC fix the problems :slight_smile:

Alesk, that’s very helpful. Should help Torben understand what you’re doing as well.

Fingers crossed for your VAC upgrade, and let’s hope that it solves your problem. :slight_smile:

[later]

I just looked at Breakaway’s site (I had not heard of it before I saw your post) and I am confused.

If you are using the ‘full’ Breakaway Broadcast Processor, it comes with its own BUILT-IN audio ‘pipelines,’ so why do you need to use VAC at all? I am fairly certain that the ‘home’ version of Breakaway, the Audio Enhancer, also has a built-in ‘pipeline’ for input, and may also offer a ‘pipeline’ for output (I’m not certain). Which version of Breakaway do you use?

BFN
CAD