Bass Error 40-

Hi @Torben were getting bass error 40 when trying to connect to any of our relay streams what could this be none of opur relay streams will connect it justr X’s out

40 BASS_ERROR_TIMEOUT

https://www.un4seen.com/doc/#bass/BASS_ErrorGetCode.html

doesn’t tell me anything that

Blocked by firewall?

you do realise weve been unable to use mAirList since this error came up…… therefore weve had to go back to our old automation software as it would have left us off air. please email us with our options please @Torben

How about following our advise and checking the firewall and possibly adding exceptions and all that?

Is this asking too much?

1 Like

erm cant be firewall as it worked before didn’t it! and I checked firewall and its fine! So sorry im NOT being talked to like that @Torben really not happy, you’ve been giving me half hearted replies to my genuine support questions, if you reply atall sometimes…, I know were working in hard times at moment but when you ignore my questions and answer questions above it gets obvious… Its such a shame as I love mAirList and has great potential for us but I just get laughed at when suggesting something so it can work for us,i get, no it don’t do that, were not prepared to work with you on it. (not actually said but implied) that’s if you answer my questions atall, I am getting to the point now where im gonna give up on it and go backwards… Please email me

Well, then it’s obvious that you changed something in your setup and lost the connection to your stream along the way. As we do not know anything about your gear, it is simply not possible for us to get more precise as we did before in assisting correcting your mishaps.

So what does this mean? Is it still neat and pretty? This is no useful information at all.

[personal opinion]

I do not see any concern of your’s in getting your system running. mAirList has been sold in thousands of licenses all over the world and, as you would discover by reading in this forum, is generally working flawlessly. Putting a complex environment to work is a difficult task, and it can only be challenged if the operator puts an appropriate amount of effort in doing so.

[/personal opinion]

Sorry, @Torben, this topic here is aggravating me more and more.

@Tondose I have NOT changed a thing! it just stopped working giving that error and hasn’t worked since I haven’t changed any settings atall all ive changed is the network buffer size which wouldn’t drop the bass error
with regards to the firewall look at what torben asked , I was answering his question, with I checked it for what he said and its fine no exceptions needed. and how can it be firewall when mAirList worked for nearly a month beforehand and then just stopped! with that error!
and how dare you suggest I haven’t put in any effort into getting it working, If I hadn’t tried everything I knew before contacting the forum? I don’t like contacting the forum for this very reason (obnoxious replies like this) so I try everything I know beforehand and only contact the forum as a LAST resort so don’t try and having a go at me when you don’t know the situation.

oh and by the way before u ask I changed the network buffer size back to its original state too and nothing still get that error tried everything io can think of… hmmm theres you thinking ive done nothing :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Well, how can it be mAirList when it worked for a month and then just stopped? Think about it!

Look, we’re here to help you, but if you really want help, then please co-operate, take our advise serious, and stick to the technical facts.

There are just three possible reasons for TCP connection timeouts:

1. IP or port number is incorrect (typo in the URL etc.).
  2. IP and port number are correct, but the server (or the network) is down.
  3. IP and port number are correct, but some network component (a “firewall”) is filtering the packets.

Assuming you have double-checked IP and port (ruling out #1) and it works in other players (ruling out #2), only one possible reason remains - a firewall issue.

Technically, it can be a firewall (packet filter) in any part of the network chain between the server and you. But most of the time, it is just the Windows firewall on your local computer that prevents access.

Have you tried turning Windows firewall off altogether temporarily?

Would you mind sharing the URL so that other users can check if it works for them?

@Torben thank you for your reply I have tried turning firewall off completely and still get the issue?

considering deleting mAirList altogether, and maybe reinstalling it? would that help? as it may be a rogue setting somewhere so if I refresh it to factory settings that might work?

If you want to reset completely (be careful with that, please), you can delete the folder config which can be found here:
C:\ProgramData\mAirList\[Version number]\

The mAirListDB, if you use one, should be stored somewhere else - not in this folder.
While setting up your configuration again, you can reconnect to the (still existing) database. The database isn’t lost in the described process.

@Torben & @UliNobbe I will try that see if it solves the issue at hand and let you know thank you

@Torben @UliNobbe well that seems to have cured it atm