Backtimes differences

Greetings,

Using old mairlist 2.1 at a low power station, its served our purposes, but since “the virus” much automation is now in play with few live assist shows.

How is the modern mairlist with accuracy? the old versions like we use are very strange, sometimes we can gain 5 seconds an hour others 35 seconds in an hour!! we tolerated this with many live shows, but with more automation, after about 6 hours we can find the news going to air several minutes late some days, all this despite the display start timings set to the news intro going right on the hour or maybe a second or two before, could never work out what mairlist is doing, not honouring the times its tellings us, like it ignores some fade in/out or start next when calculation and displaying the start times, I dont know.

I am sure long time mairlist users (we had ours since 15 years or more) will recall what I talk of, and hopefully have upgraded and notice this anomaly no longer exists and the start times are now deadly accurate, if we are going to fork out what equates to nearly 1500 dollars in our currency to upgrade, we like suitable feedbacks :slight_smile:

You can download mAirList v7.x and use it as a trial license parallel to your active system (30 days free without limitation). It will be installed in a separate folder.

Very long time ago, there were some settings for files with a variable bitrate. Maybe this may have caused the problem, but I can’t remember this.
Today, I have no experience with wrong calculation of backtiming or playlist timing.

Please try v7 and report. Thank you.