b872 - Integer Overflow on Mixdown

Last night I was mixing down a 57:00 show, and about 51 mins on the mixdown I got an error dialog, just simply stated “Integer Overflow” (mAirlist was the dialog title). When I clicked OK, I then got the Eureka crash dialog, but clicked on 'Continue" which it did, and the resultant file seemed to show no errors. Played fine.

I wished I had submitted the report.

The mixdown was to a 128k MP3 file via LAME.

I’ll try again this evening.

So do I :slight_smile:

It’s probably related to the progress display or something. Can you try to mix down the same set of files again?

By the way, it’s not EurekaLog but madExcept. But the same idea.

So, mixdown the same exact playlist, works fine. Do playlist 2, error happens about 16 mins in. Have sent the report.

Also noticed that the mixdown kept on going whilst I had the error messagebox up.

Didn’t know about madExcept. Have investigated it for me. Thanks

IN addition, if I mixdown again, it went through fine, so not consistently repeatable.

Fixed in b873. Thanks for reporting.

The error occured when the size of a particular item, when converted to 16-bit linear PCM (the format used internally by the mixdown engine), was above 4GB.

[quote=“Torben, post:5, topic:7128”]Fixed in b873. Thanks for reporting.

The error occured when the size of a particular item, when converted to 16-bit linear PCM (the format used internally by the mixdown engine), was above 4GB.[/quote]

Thanks. Curious as to what goes bigger than 4GB as 16bit PCM. Even a one hour 16bit WAV file 44.1kHz sample rate is around 600MB.

anyhow, glad fixed. :slight_smile: Thanks

Hm, true. Then probably it was when BASS_ChannelGetPosition returned -1 (as signed 64-bit integer) at the end of the stream, which is 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, and does not fit into a 32-bit unsigned integer.

That makes sense. Thanks for fixing. ;D