b789: List index out of bounds in Edit Hour Template dialog

If you Ctrl+click two items in any hour template, then drag the items elsewhere (for exxample, to end of list), you will always get a List index out of bounds error.

PS: Also on that dialog, the drag cursor is a drag COPY cursor (with a little + sign on it). Since one can only move items, this is the wrong type of drag cursor. :slight_smile:

BFN
CAD

Bug report please!

And: It works perfectly ok here. And there is no “+” sign, but a smal semi-transparent image of the dragged items. Probably depends on the Windows version.

You get the + drag cursor if you hold down Ctrl while dragging the items; you get a normal drag cursor if you don’t. And I’m also talking here about dragging the items BEYOND the current list, i.e. BELOW all the items.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Hold down Ctrl.
  2. Select two items in the dialog.
  3. Keeping Ctrl pressed, drag the items BELOW the end of the list.

So I suspect that you need to disable ‘copy’ dragging. :wink:

Bug report attached.

BFN
CAD

b786-EditHourTemplate-bugreport.txt (25.5 KB)

This bug is much more serious than I had originally realised, because it also loses data.

If you select and then drag two or more items to the blank space BELOW the end of the list, at least one item is deleted (as well as causing the List index out of bounds error). :o
(I didn’t spot this until a few minutes ago.)

Worse still, the same bug is present in the playlist pane on the Playlist tab. And that loses data as well. :o :o

Maybe the ‘quick fix’ answer is to only allow single items to be drag/dropped?
Anyway, I think this needs an urgent fix.

These bugs are still present in b790.

BFN
CAD

I will take a look it it in a minute. I’m just finishing another feature.

Apparently, the bug is in the TBaseList class, which is an abstract base class for all lists (playlist, event lists, actions lists etc.).

I’m uploading Build 790. The bug should be fixed there. I even found out how to remove the + sign :wink:

Um … you mean b791 (not b790), but I understand!

And yes, the + dign is gone, and the bugs are both fixed.

Congratulations and thanks, as always.

BFN
CAD