b671: OTF database displays in Browser with extra characters

If you set up a pre-3.0 OnTheFlyCache.mlp file as an OTF database (yes, I do know OTF databases are frowned upon these days!), then browse it in mAirList, all entries have an extra two ‘square box’ characters at the end of the title or artist.

BFN
CAD

Does that also happen when you load the .mlp file as an ordinary playlist in mAirList? (Let’s hope it’s not so big that it will bring your aged computer to its knees).

I finally got a chance to investigate this further.

Correction 1: the two ☐☐ characters only appear at the end of an artist name in the Database Browser. This means at the end of the title - artist field in each All Files node, and at the end of each artist ‘folder’ node in Artists. So, for example, in Artists, I see ‘folder’ nodes like 10cc☐☐, and in All Files, I see nodes like Donna - 10cc☐☐.

Correction 2: the OnTheFlyCache.mlp file is in the ‘new’ v3 format.

Loading the same 621-item .mlp into the main Playlist was almost instantaneous, even on my ‘aged computer.’ :stuck_out_tongue: When loaded into the main Playlist, everything is displayed correctly.

I’m wondering if the problem may be due to the multiple artist processing used in a Database Browser window? The tags in the file are all on one line each (for example, 10cc), so the ‘blocks’ are not (for example) 0D 0A characters read in from the .mlp file.

I hope that helps you fix the problem!

BFN
CAD

Funnily enough, I’m not able to reproduce the problem here, but I think i found the reason:

The Database Browser was using “Artists.Text”, which joins the separate artists by CR+LF, and obviously adds a trailing CR+LF when there’s only one artist. I have changed that to ArtistsString, which uses a / character instead, and doesn’t add anything if there’s just one artist.

Should be OK again in b673.