Automation Players

@UliNobbe no you’re on the wrong track mate.

All we need is for mAirList not to load up all the players at once. but to load up players individually. it works when you only set 1 player in config obviously but I don’t see why we should be restricted to one player like this. And its relatively new to me, I don’t understand why mAirList should load all the players up at once? when the other players are not needed as it can only play one player at a time anyway.

Well, you can define which players are used for automation (e.g. A, C & D). Okay, they are loaded all at once, that’s true.
And it’s not possible to load players individually.

BUT: By changing the order of the elements in the playlist, you change the order which player plays the next element. I have tried it right now and it works in automation.

@UliNobbe That’s what I was trying to ask you if it can be done if there is anything in the background that can do this.

@UliNobbe or, is it possible to make sure it doesn’t check the next item atall? I know there’s a “do not prebuffer” but that doesn’t work, it still, for example, greys out relay streams if no one is on the stream instead of keeping it live in the log till its time to play the item, then moves on if no one is on the stream…is that possible?

because at the moment if for example you have 3 players it will load everything 2 items in advance in the log and at that moment its then it checks the stream then greys out if nothing on the stream. then it don’t even bother putting the stream into a player if its greyed it out. that’s even when “do not prebuffer” is ticked. is it possible you can do the above? to make sure it doesn’t check anything till its time to play it.?

If you rely on delayed loading (as late as possible) for your stream playback scenario, there is just no other way than using a single player in automation.

Hi @Torben ok that’s fine but what about

Why would you want more than one player if only a single one is being actively used at any time anyway?

Remember that the previous item will still finish their fade “outside the player” if the player is reused for the next item, so there will be no audible difference. That’s also “Only use a single player in automation” is enabled by default.

Hiya @Torben,
Yes you are right, and you have done a brilliant job of setting that just right in one player, and we currently only have 1 player visible and playing in automation currently, but I thought it would look much better with more players going thorough the automation But the only thing that don’t work properly when using more players in automation is the stream problem. im still unsure why it greys out the item in the log if no one is connected to the stream at the time? is there a way of building into the system of either not checking the stream until its about to play (as “do not prebuffer” isn’t working in that respect) or auto recycling when it detects the stream being connected?

Oh, come on!    

@Tondose Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love mAirList it does everything we need it to do being an internet radio station. @Torben has done a brilliant job with everything, and made it what it is today which is a top draw Radio Automation program.
I am a Radio Geek and love automation software and love to watch automation at work, that’s why I said it would look much better being in automation with more players…….

ah @Tondose is there a script that could auto recycle items that grey out by any chance?

Kindest Regards

Don’t get me wrong, but that’s the point at which it is no longer possible for me to provide you with adequate support - of course, only on this issue.
Thank you.

fair anough @UliNobbe but I was asking if there was a script that could auto recycle anything that greys out??? that might work