Auto re-load metadata

Hello,

I’d be extremely useful for the playlist to re-load metadata on dropping a file in. We use the scripting interface provided to change item colors etc, but unless someone refreshes the DB tree or re-searches for a file, changes to the item data are not shown in the playlist.

Or… How about a script function to refresh the tree, the same as the way as clicking ‘Refresh’ works?

Not sure if I fully understand… Items are copied to the playlist, so the metadata will never update when you make changes in the DB library later.

Ok I’ll attempt to explain.

In the background, we use the API to colour items, add a comment and add a custom icon. Every 5 minutes, check artist/track has been played recently. Mark it with the above changes if it’s been played recently. After a certain amount of time, clear that metadata.

I.E 15:00:00 Track Played
15:05:00 Mark it as not playable (Color, comment, icon)
15:10:00 Mark it as not playable (Color, comment, icon)

16:00:00 Clear not playable metadata (Color, comment, icon)

The problem comes…

If we load mAirList and drag from the DB Browser to the Playlist all is good. If we then change the color, comment and icon of that file (via API or DB Management etc), and drag is accross again, those changes aren’t see. It looks like nothing has changed.

We have to press ‘Refresh’ on the DB Browser tree then drag a file accross again for that new metadata to “come into effect”

That’s true, results in the DB Search and DB Playlist browser are cached (loaded from DB into RAM by the time you open it in the browser, not when dragged). I don’t see a away to work around this right now.

I was wondering if there was a possibility of having a script call that refreshes the tree for me - Pressing refresh does the job, but can anyone name me a station where every presenter is going to listen to what we say and press refresh every few minutes? :smiley:

I think there is a command BROWSER RELOAD or so, you can run it through an event.

Thanks, but sadly couldn’t spot that one. Looked through all commands aswell and didn’t seem to be one hiding. Browser one’s that exist:

BROWSER CURSOR DOWN, BROWSER CURSOR LEFT, BROWSER CURSOR RIGHT, BROWSER CURSOR UP, BROWSER DESELECT, BROWSER FOCUS, BROWSER FOCUS, BROWSER HIDE, BROWSER INSERT, BROWSER INSERT BOTTOM, BROWSER INSET CURSOR, BROWSER INSET NEXT, BROWSER INSERT TOP, BROWSER NEXT, BROWSER PREVIOUS, BROWSER SELECT, BROWSER SHOW, BROWSER SHOW/HIDE, BROWSER TOGGLE SELECT

Will be added in the next 6.1 build.

Thank you Torben - This appears to have done exactly what we’re after.

As always - MUCH appreciated!