Audio Logger Pro Not Auto Starting

Hi,

This is a question regarding the mAirList Audio Logger Pro software.

Even though the program is booting on start up of Windows 7, by adding it to the start-up group, the logger is not auto starting the recording/encoder. Why?

It doesn’t happen often, but the studio’s current location can suffer from power outages. Even though there is a UPS connected to the equipment rack in the control room, it doesn’t last long, so sometimes the logging computer will go off line. My hope though, was that the encoder/recording would automatically begin when the software fires up, but it doesn’t seem to happen.

Can you help?

Can you check the ini file if it says “Enabled=on” in the slot config?

Not quite sure, but I think Audio Logger does not flush the ini file until you close it (manually), and if the PC crashes, it doesn’t have the chance to save the config.

Where is the ini file located? I’m not seeing any in the Program Files (x86) folder.

C:\ProgramData\mAirList\Audio Logger

Yes, Enabled=0 is in the ini under [Slot0]

Then please enable the slot, close manually, restart, and confirm that it comes up as active. Then it should do so as well after a crash.

It is Enabled=on

I killed the program, and restarted it. It did start recording again, but not sure if that’s the case when the computer shuts down due to power loss.

There’s only one way to find out :wink:

lolz, thanks Torben. I’ll give it a go when no-ones on air.