Audio Caching

Hi,

I have noticed that an item that is repeated through a playlist several times such as a jingle that may play 20 times during a 24 hour period the audio is somehow cached, so if the audio is overwritten the old audio will continue to play. I have also noticed this is the case even the case if you re-load the playlist.

However audio that is refreshed on a regular basis such as an hourly news bulletin changes each time it plays.

The only way round I have found to get the new audio to play is to close and restart the playout audio.

Is this some setting I can change or is this a ‘bug’?

Kind regards.
Chris.

Chris, look in Config under Miscellaneous, File Management.

Is your audio file somewhere else on the network, i.e. on another PC on your LAN? If so, clear the ‘Cache network files’ checkbox. If not, change the ‘Load entire file into RAM if smaller than’ cache smaller than’ setting to 0. This will disable it.

Let us all know if this solves your problem and, if so, which setting solved your problem.

BFN
CAD

Ah yes, It’s so simple when it gets pointd out :wink:
Yes the audio is all on the LAN so it can be pulled by several machines.

The Cache Network Files option was checked but now changed that so fingers crossed. If the problem still occours I’ll let you know.

Many thanks Cad :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! Please let us know if this cures your problem.

BFN
CAD

That’s odd. The cache file should be removed when you close the player (and a new cache file created when you re-open the file). When the old audio is playing although the file has been replaced, that would mean that the old one was still opened in a player (or some background process) somewhere.

Let us know if it’s ok now.